Bay Area Meetup

Hey everybody, I have been having a great time playing this game, and all of the (small) community has been really cool so far. Would people be interested in getting together for some drinks and chatting about the game and things in general? Maybe we can get the artillery folks interested as well. Once we have an idea of the headcount we can hash out details like location and time. Hope to hear from you bay area folks soon :D

Comments

• I continue to be interested in this activity

• I live in Oregon but wouldn't mind driving down if it's on a Saturday.

• @Pursuit I am also in Oregon -- Corvallis to be exact. Maybe we can get an Oregon chapter started?

• I would be interested in a Bay Area meet-up.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

How about the AFK Lounge in San Jose? It's an enormous and awesome eSports/gaming bar! I'd love an excuse to go down there :D

• OUR LORD HAS SPOKEN! lol but in all seriousness that sounds like a great idea. Do you guys think Saturday the 19th would be a good day? give people some time to hear about it on the forums and in the in client chat.

Secondly, My girlfriend wants to come. We live together, but she has not received an invite, and thus is not under the NDA. I can vouch for her, but i understand if you guys at artillery want to keep it to just us invitees.

• I hope my car is fixed in time. I'd love to drive in from Sacramento.

• DecencyDecency Member, Moderator

I'll be driving in from Boston! :sarcastic:

... you guys and your local esports scenes. =/

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

@Decency let's just fly in ezpz

• hair on firehair on fire Member
    edited December 2015

I'm down. I live in the East Bay.

• I am absolutely down to meet up at the AFK Gamer Lounge!

• Awesome, it looks like we have at least a few people who would be interested :D Lets try and get the word out in the chat. does the 19th work for everyone? and what time do you guys prefer?

• The 19th works for me.

• I'd love it if you guys could wait for another week, but I can understand that this would be a much worse time for most people. Plus I'm guessing I'm not allowed in the bar, being under 21, even if I don't drink?

• @Trfel said:
    I'd love it if you guys could wait for another week, but I can understand that this would be a much worse time for most people. Plus I'm guessing I'm not allowed in the bar, being under 21, even if I don't drink?

I looked on their website and it seems like those under 21 can enter:

"AFK is a place for gamers to meet, compete, and enjoy all things related to eSports – and if you're 21+ you can do it all with a beer in hand."

• The 19th would be fine for me, not picky about times.

It also coincides with http://dayknightfestival.net/ ; I uh have no idea if that's a good or bad thing or matters at all? Seemed slightly pertinent given (I assume?) a lot of us here are at least loosely day9/dayknight-associated :p

• Would Saturday at like 6:00 work then? I do not really know much about the Day9 festival, but I see it starts at 3:00. Day9 had expressed his interest earlier, and I cannot help but think that the Atlas meetup would be improved by the presence of Artillery folks.

• @GreenEQ I live in Bend, but I wouldn't mind meeting up sometime!

@Terminus that would work for me.

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

I'm in.. if you mean North Bay, Ontario. I can drive to that Bay area.

Since you almost certainly don't, I'll stay up here and be cold :) This sounds like great fun though, take pictures! :)

• Another east coast boy here sorry that he'll miss it, but hope you guys have fun.

• @Pursuit I'm in Bend also. Its cool to see someone else from here!

• @Kloer no way? I thought I was basically the only gamer in Bend xD Want to meet up sometime?

• JeekarooseJeekaroose Member
    edited December 2015

@Terminus Yeah, 6 would be fine for me. I agree we should try and coordinate with day9 or some other artillery peeps and see when they'd be free though

• I'm definitely interested in this too, but getting from North to South Bay on the 19th won't work for me. Lots of holiday stuff going on that day. Perhaps a date after Christmas like the weekend of the 26th? Though that could always be a separate meetup.

• The 19th works for me.

• @Artillery.Day[9] said:
    How about the AFK Lounge in San Jose? It's an enormous and awesome eSports/gaming bar! I'd love an excuse to go down there :D

Day9 I saw you down there a month ago? Two months ago? You were having internet trouble with your ps4, but I'd totally be down for this!

• Is it happening Dec 19th?

• So far I think it looks like that is the day. Several people have said that it looks good for them.

• I'm down, in Bay Area would be a quick trip. :)

• BurdockBurdock Member
    edited December 2015

I wish I could be there :( right now i'm on a surf/kite trip. (I know, such a tough brake :P)
    That being said, if someone wants to be totally rad I would love to facetime in to say HI!