Recall Function

So far my biggest annoyance with the game is that sometimes I want to hit V to send out units and mistakenly hit B instead. Multiple times I had my army selected and they were all forced to recall, I have since learned that you can cancel recalls by pressing escape, but that seems counter-intuitive, most games [esc] is used to end the game/surrender/change settings. please please please let there be a way to cancel recalls by moving the unit.

Comments

• Yeah, that was a problem for me too at the start. My instincts told me moving or pressing B again should have cancelled it. I probably accidentally recalled three times before learning escape cancelled it.

• DecencyDecency Member, Moderator

I think pressing "S" to stop recall will be intuitive for RTS/Dota2 players, as it's the typical "cancel my current command" button. I think it would be frustrating if right clicking cancelled the recall, especially at times when you only want to recall a portion of your army.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator
    edited December 2015

I like Decency's solution here quite a bit, with a bit more behind it. I think the idea of what Recall should feel like is that it's a unit command -- something you can shift-queue, and conveniently stop. So I suspect something that feels more like that is quite likely for the future.

Please also continue the discussion, this is great stuff! :D

• Yeah I agree it was also no intuitive for me, It should cancel if you move, press esc or B again. The same Thing with building towers - you should be able to cancel the construction by pressing "Esc" for example.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

LOL oh god the V/B "bug."

We are planning a more extensive "full keyboard rebinding" pass to make everything more intuitive. Given that we have so many systems changing and coming in, we've crowded parts of the keyboard in a really problematic way. I find the "JKL;M,." hotkeys for the weapons particularly funny.

Def agree it's an issue and will be addressed :).