Unit death heatmap!

staticostatico Member, Administrator
edited December 2015 in General Discussion

Here's a heatmap of unit deaths for 3v3. It's a little inaccurate for now but shows the general idea.

EDIT: replaced with the more accurate version.

Comments

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator
    edited December 2015

oh man I love this kind of analytics. That's super interesting.

The bottom-most expos, including gem, are almost never fought over. I'm also amused that there are some deaths in-base. People who wandered up there unawares I suppose

--edit-- in the previous version it wasn't clear at all the bottom expos had so many deaths, ignore this comment by me haha

• PursuitPursuit Member
    edited December 2015

Oh wow that looks awesome :love:

Weird to see how much action typically happened closer to the center of the map, I feel like most of my action was a little more up and to the left of the biggest blob.

• staticostatico Member, Administrator

Here's a better one.

out.png 1.3M
  • I feel like there's a story behind that large amount of death by the bottom players base haha.

Maybe I'm just imagining things but I think you can see all the units I lost trying to make runbys on expansions work xD

• I know at least some of those deaths at the bottom were me not knowing that bases had death lasers, lol.

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

Do "unit deaths" include "neutral units"? Can those red splotches mean neutrals? :)

• @Artillery.statico said:
    Here's a heatmap of unit deaths for 3v3.

Does this imply that you guys have other modes to play in-house? :D

• Where/how did you get the data for this?

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

@byce said:
    Does this imply that you guys have other modes to play in-house? :D

I think it means "as opposed to vs bots"

• staticostatico Member, Administrator

@Outbreak We have some simple in-game analytics and one of the things it records is where units die. It seems to include structures and recalls, too.

We're also recording which squads people pick. I think Day[9] mentioned in AMA #1 that the squad choices are almost even.

• Will you guys be posting a heat map of the art map? I am interested in how that one looks.

• @Gorlak said:
    Will you guys be posting a heat map of the art map? I am interested in how that one looks.

This would be awesome :+1: