Squad/Hero Balance Poll! (Post PvP)

CycleCycle Member, Moderator

PvP was awesome :D:D:D Now after playing some games against real people, how does everyone feel about the squads and heroes? Previous thread here: https://guardiansofatlas.xyz/forums/discussion/182/pre-pvp-thoughts-poll#latest

In order to comply with the NDA, the strawpolls will have no information. To choose an option, please refer to this key:

1. Ryme, the Frozen Sage
  2. Hydros, Tidal Knight
  3. Grath, Primitive Engineer
  4. Alder, Lord of Vines
  5. Vex, Heart of the Volcano
  6. Eris, Bringer of Chaos
  7. Celesta, the Shadow Rose
  8. Vela, Elegant Assassin

Who do you think is the strongest Hero?
Who do you think is the weakest Hero?

Comments

• My Ranking:
    1) Celesta
    2) Alder
    3) Vela
    4) Ryme
    5) Grath
    6) Eris
    7) Vex
    8) Hydros

Didn't see much Eris or Vex play, and what I did see doesn't really stand out in my mind. Grath seemed suprisingly strong in late game but really struggled to get there. Hydros seemed very weak to me. I mostly played Celesta and absolutely loved her, really powerful mid game but fell off quite a bit in late game IMO.

• Right now? I played Ryme, Hydros, Celesta. I went 7-0 today. Going against others heros I didn't feel weak nor overpowered. Let's take Pursuit list for exemple. Hydros(8?) T1 wreck Celesta(1?) T2. Very quickly you have to understand the squads have their pros and cons and you need to adapt. You have 2 allies for a reason.

• PursuitPursuit Member
    edited December 2015

@Madread said:
    Right now? I played Ryme, Hydros, Celesta. I went 7-0 today. Going against others heros I didn't feel weak nor overpowered. Let's take Pursuit list for exemple. Hydros(8?) T1 wreck Celesta(1?) T2. Very quickly you have to understand the squads have their pros and cons and you need to adapt. You have 2 allies for a reason.

Celesta's wisps wreck Hydros' Scuttleguard though (super high DPS with a fast attack plows through the Scuttleguard's shield, enough range to focus fire and enough health to tank the Scuttleguard's really low dps), and I would argue that Purifiers are decent vs Scuttleguards as well. At tier 3 Hydros becomes a lot more powerful, but you lose too much momentum trying to get there IMO.

I do think all of the squads were playable in the same way that mid tier fighters are still playable in Smash Brothers. Skill mattered more than playing the 'best' squad and there weren't any disadvantages so great that they couldn't be overcome. This is actually good news in terms of both how the game is designed and how close the squad balance is.

• Scuttleguard's shield leads to sad times for vela :(