Pre-PvP Thoughts Poll!

CycleCycle Member, Moderator

Before PvP opens up and we start playing some games, which Hero does everyone think is the strongest? Which is the weakest? I've set up a couple strawpolls here for you to vote on! :D

At the end of the PvP window I will make another post to see if the general consensus on Hero strength has changed :D:D:D

In order to comply with the NDA, the strawpolls will have no information. To choose an option, please refer to this key:

1. Ryme, the Frozen Sage
  2. Hydros, Tidal Knight
  3. Grath, Primitive Engineer
  4. Alder, Lord of Vines
  5. Vex, Heart of the Volcano
  6. Eris, Bringer of Chaos
  7. Celesta, the Shadow Rose
  8. Vela, Elegant Assassin

Here are the links to the polls!
Who do you think is the strongest Hero?
Who do you think is the weakest Hero?

Comments

• Should we avoid posting our thoughts in this thread to avoid voting bias?

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

I'd personally love to know peoples' reasons for liking/disliking certain Heroes, and I feel like anyways most people would vote for who they initially feel is strong and weak. :D

• Well then, weakest is either Hydros or Grath, I personally lean towards Hydros (who has some nice slows but literally no DPS). Strongest is harder to say, personally favor Ryme / Celesta but Vela / Eris / Vex all seem like good contenders too.

• DecencyDecency Member, Moderator
    edited December 2015

Strongest: Ryme or Eris

Their T1's are durable and powerful, both are able to reset their attack cooldowns effectively and chase really well. They also have extremely powerful abilities for AoE magic damage options later on.

Weakest: Grath

T1 is very weak unless it flanks effectively, T2 is hard to get in range to either slow or attack against people who are positioning well. Thus it basically requires your full arsenal of units to be effective, meaning it gets off to a slow start in most games and has to play from behind.

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

I voted for Alder as the strongest for his wide diversity of skills and synergy potential, and Grath as weakest mostly because of pathing at the moment :D