First impressions and suggestions for improvement

BryanBryan Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

First off i gotta say i am super excited to be playing this game as i have never played in any alpha before but anyways here is what i think after my first game what could be made better.

So first off i really enjoy the aspect of fighting for gems in the middle of the map as it creates a lot of action and forces you to either be behind in gems and risk being behind in eco ( more expansions ) or out gunned in terms of neutral weapons. I also enjoy the vast variety of upgrades. I also really enjoy your hero doing most of the work in terms of building and fighting because it forces you to be smart with it while being at risk ( collecting gems and fighting ). Neutral weapons are an amazing feature to the game and adds that variety of "i must protect my ion cannons or i just wasted 16 gems" or "i could rush this one tower with 4 mini ion cannons so we can then push to kill the mining base or whatever" so its a neat aspect that with time can become really fun. But this game does feel a little slow and would like to see it just paced a little faster ( maybe workers give more coin per back or in 1 min they collect 12 patches of coin instead of 9 or whatever ).

So first suggestion wish they could specify more on what upgrade is for what unit. Like for example i was playing pyro dude and i was reading through the upgrades and came across one that upgraded my tier 3 units flame breath for an additional second but was confused as to what unit so maybe a suggestion would be Upgrade tier 3 Charizard to improve his flamebreath by an addition 1 second and by that description i know exactly what unit i would be upgrading.

Another suggestion is to reduce the time it takes to build gem nodes as the game progresses OR be able to queue them up. Reason i would like this is because when killing expansions and turrets ( especially higher tier turrets ) they drop a lot of gem nodes and its kind of tedious to just T wait 5 seconds T wait 5 seconds so by having the option to queue it up or reduce the cooldown to 1 second or so makes the gem collection process easier.

Another feature that i think should be added is selecting your entire army. Kind of like in starcraft 2 you can click F2 to select your entire army and then bind it to whatever and i think Atlas should incorporate that because if you are trying to multitask i want to be able to micro my hero or units without having to spend a couple of seconds re-boxing my new units and binding them with my current ones and is just kind of annoying.

This is all that i could think of so far and i think if you guys consider this it would make the gameplay a lot more enjoyable!

Comments

• @Bryan said:

Another feature that i think should be added is selecting your entire army. Kind of like in starcraft 2 you can click F2 to select your entire army and then bind it to whatever and i think Atlas should incorporate that because if you are trying to multitask i want to be able to micro my hero or units without having to spend a couple of seconds re-boxing my new units and binding them with my current ones and is just kind of annoying.

Tilde ( ` or ~ key)

• @SaveHolt said:
    Tilde ( ` or ~ key)

Oh i had no idea and i watched the tutorial ( maybe i didn't pay attention to that part ) but thanks!

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

So first off i really enjoy the aspect of fighting for gems in the middle of the map as it creates a lot of action and forces you to either be behind in gems and risk being behind in eco ( more expansions ) or out gunned in terms of neutral weapons. I also enjoy the vast variety of upgrades. I also really enjoy your hero doing most of the work in terms of building and fighting because it forces you to be smart with it while being at risk ( collecting gems and fighting ). Neutral weapons are an amazing feature to the game and adds that variety of "i must protect my ion cannons or i just wasted 16 gems" or "i could rush this one tower with 4 mini ion cannons so we can then push to kill the mining base or whatever" so its a neat aspect that with time can become really fun. But this game does feel a little slow and would like to see it just paced a little faster ( maybe workers give more coin per back or in 1 min they collect 12 patches of coin instead of 9 or whatever ).

I'm glad you're enjoying the core loop! It's definitely the thing I was most anxious about before people got their hands on the game. Would it be too weird/alien/unlike other games etc <3!

So first suggestion wish they could specify more on what upgrade is for what unit. Like for example i was playing pyro dude and i was reading through the upgrades and came across one that upgraded my tier 3 units flame breath for an additional second but was confused as to what unit so maybe a suggestion would be Upgrade tier 3 Charizard to improve his flamebreath by an addition 1 second and by that description i know exactly what unit i would be upgrading.

This has been mentioned by others (including one of our art team on Friday!). It has been added to the to-do list (we'll probably do portrait icons instead of texts to make it even FASTER to read).

Another suggestion is to reduce the time it takes to build gem nodes as the game progresses OR be able to queue them up. Reason i would like this is because when killing expansions and turrets ( especially higher tier turrets ) they drop a lot of gem nodes and its kind of tedious to just T wait 5 seconds T wait 5 seconds so by having the option to queue it up or reduce the cooldown to 1 second or so makes the gem collection process easier.

I think we need to do even stronger overhauls w/ the gem collection system. We've spoken about ways to collect other than the captor (ie building a gem harvester that costs gems). The expansion case is particularly wonky. Though we don't have a super solid implementation yet, I'll confirm again we completely agree w/ that annoyance @ the expansion haha :D.

Thanks so much for the post <3