Has the development team heard of The Maestros, and if so, where is the Skybreaker unit?

A few years ago I stumbled upon a game project made by a group of students at USC a few years after Sean Plott would have been there, and I wondered if Sean or one of the other developers had heard of it. The game is a 3v3 team RTS where players control a hero unit and a squad of a few other types of units... so basically it is very, very similar to Atlas.

They have a channel on youtube if people are curious (https://youtube.com/user/maestrosgame). The one thing I will mention about The Maestros is that it has one unit in particular, the Skybreaker, that is just solid gold. Its unit ability is basically the Stage Dive ultimate of E.T.C from Heroes of the storm: The Skybreaker launches into the air and crashes down at the targeted location (it has almost a global range). Having a few Skybreakers helps you support allies quickly and spring surprise flanks on enemies. The ability is very easy to use but I think also offers a lot of strategic depth, and overall was super fun and exciting to play with and against.

In general I feel that Atlas is lacking some long range abilities like this that can relieve the tension in unit distribution created by having a large map and a small quantity of units.

Comments

• anxmananxman Member, Administrator

Interesting. I haven't seen that game before but seems cool. Thanks for the note.

• stopthiefstopthief Member
    edited September 14

Hey Deucalian,

Haha, I can't believe I missed this post. I just found it while Googling for another old forum post of ours. I've been excitedly following Atlas since literally since the first announcement, and playing since the first test weekend. I'm one of the devs from The Maestros, and many of us have been playing Atlas throughout alpha. We're super jelly that you guys beat us to public testing, haha :P Enjoying Atlas, can't wait to see where you guys take it in the future!