` optional during deck creation

During the team select when your choosing units, if you could have the option to exclude built units from the tilde function I'd vastly appreciate it. There are times when you really want to use select all. But in the case of transports, or, juggernauts, or ... trebuchets, for example, you just don't want them blundering to a location amidst the rest of your troops.

Comments

• Uhm. Maybe wasn't very clear.

What'd I'd like to be able to do is during unit selection toggle their inclusion in the "select all" command.

So that if I toggle Juggernauts, "don't include", when I hit tilde, I don't select my juggernaut.

Honestly doing this in came would be good as well, if I could mark units to be selected by tilde, or not.

• cdisscdiss Member
    edited August 30

@Ningauble said:
    Honestly doing this in came would be good as well, if I could mark units to be selected by tilde, or not.

This exists. Under keyboard options (in-game), you can choose to allow the alt-control group modifiers. Then, select whatever units you don't want in ~, and alt-assign them to a different control group. Alt removes them from any groups they were in (including ~), and assigns them to the chosen group.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

I like this suggestion quite a bit. As @cdiss mentioned, the feature is technically in the game; but it's definitely not accessible, and there are cases where accessibility for that feature is ideal. For example, players sometimes want their Sentinels with their army, but usually they want them elsewhere.

Not sure what the best way to go about making this an accessible feature is, but it's definitely something we want and will talk about; having a unit type excluded from select-all by default, as the OP suggested, might be a good start, as long as they can still be added to command groups.

• Thanks for the feedback.

• Well.. There are Hotkeys in the Game for a reason, no?

• @NukeOfficial said:
    Well.. There are Hotkeys in the Game for a reason, no?

Same opinion here. The Tilda key seems more like the auto build function to use in a pinch but otherwise you should be optimising through the numbered hotkeys.