Atlas Progression System! (Discord Discussion Recap)

TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Hey guys!

There was an announced discussion in the Discord tonight about progression. For the benefit of those that couldn’t make it, or just for anyone that prefers it in written form, here’s the gist!

You may have noticed (and seen some discussion about) the new currency display in the client -- the gold coin icon under your username in the top-right corner. This is, as you’ve almost certainly deduced by now, tied to our upcoming progression system!

Soon, we want to test the currency and unlocks system that we've been working on. When we launch the game, most of the units and half the heroes will start off as locked. Players will use in-game currency (Coming Soon™) earned from playing games to unlock additional units/heroes. We have it almost ready to go and we'd like to push it out and start getting feedback.

So over the next couple days, we’ll be figuring out what the ideal initial rollout of this system is. The two big considerations we’ll be choosing between are:

• Giving everyone some chunk of currency that allows them to purchase a large block of units
  • Retroactively Giving players currency based on how many games they’ve played.

The other side of this is that we’ll also be adjusting the rate at which players level up their accounts, and granting players rewards on level-up to help with that currency pacing.

To test these two systems, we are accepting volunteers that would be willing to start over at Level 1 (we’ll let you keep your win count!) to test the pacing of both leveling and unlocks.

Also, as always, we’re looking for tons of feedback on both parts of this progression system.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from ya soon!

Comments

• tedstertedster Member

Reset me coach, I can take it

• TokOwaTokOwa Member

I'm also up for a reset!

• Take my money please.

• I volunteer as tribute.

• Same here.

• "Coming Soon" so that's what C stands for ;^)

I volunteer (btw "over the next couple days" I'll be out of town)

• BrandioBrandio Member

You can reset me

• ergoergo Member

Reset me up fam

• [sings in the style of RAtM] Rally round the family, with a pocket full of resets.

Sign me up for, what, reset #4 :)

• tedstertedster Member

SEND US IN COACH

• @CohLysion said:
    [sings in the style of RAtM] Rally round the family, with a pocket full of resets.

Sign me up for, what, reset #4 :)

okay, weird behavior on that #4

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

Reset me to infinity doll hairs.

Or zero doll hairs.

Whichever helps your use case most ;)

• SandManSandMan Member

I'm not far at all so a reset wouldn't hurt, I'm game.

• Reset me.

• SlammeRSlammeR Member

I will volunteer for the reset, a progression system will be kind of fun, gives you a reason to grind out games ;)

• DecencyDecency Member, Moderator

I VOLUNTEER AS RESET.

• PursuitPursuit Member

I volunteer for the reset <3

• cdisscdiss Member

I'll take the reset too, why not.

• ZeldasCreedZeldasCreed Member, Moderator

I'll do the reset too! Anything to help the team out :) <3

• Throw me in for the reset too!

• ZaboumafoolZaboumafool Member
    edited August 8

It felt weird seeing the little dude (base unit like seedbot) costing 3200 to unlock when some really cool one costing 2k. After a moment I got it was buying the hero at the same time but It should be more clear.
    Maybe there could be some kind of bundle or telling you get it when buying the hero.
    And there is an infomation missing : The tier of the unit