Any daily testers interested in forming more cohesive teams?

I didn't see anything in the forums about this yet, and I'm not even sure whether this is the right place, but I'll ask.

I was talking in Discord and it seems like a lot of people would be interested in more organized team play. If we could get two or three teams of about the same skill, it would allow for a lot more development of advanced strategies or timings. Since customs are a thing now and it is starting to be more active, we can have games that are more team oriented rather than solo queue oriented if we play together with a team. This, among other things, could let the meta develop more quickly, and we could see more interesting strategies.

If you're interested, just ask. So far, there are 4 people who are definitely interested, so we would just need 2 more to make two teams.

Comments

• marktillerymarktillery Member, Administrator

We're going to reach to some competitive daily testers who haven't been around in a while to see if they'd be interested. Great idea!

• I'd be down to show up at a scheduled time for this!

• MilleaMillea Member

I have 8 people who have told me that they are interested at the moment including myself, and it looks like there will be more joining soon (Maybe we can even get 4 teams!). The only problem I've been having is getting everyone available at the same time - scheduling is really hard. The scheduled times of Wednesday and Sunday are decent, but they don't work for everyone who's interested, as we'd need everyone on a team on at the same time and everyone on the other team on at the same time.

If we could get some more people, that'd be great!

It would be nice to know everyone who is interested's availability. I'm thinking of doing this twice a week, or weekly if we can't get that to work. It would be awesome to do it even more often though. Maybe not during the official tests if people are not available during these times, we could instead schedule a different time around the availability of people. If we get up to 4 teams or more, which looks like it will happen at this rate, it will probably not be too difficult to schedule something, as all 4 teams don't need to be on at once.

I'm looking forward to it!

• MilleaMillea Member

@Millea
    @Abyss
    @Cycle
    @Pursuit
    @Nib
    @vtestervi
    @Bombs
    @Sasquatch
    @Shadow
    @Pandapownium

These are the 10 people so far who contacted me saying that they are interested as of this moment. We'd need 2 more to get 4 full teams. We should set up an official time to start organizing who is on which team and to find out whether we can get a semiweekly scheduled time that works for everyone involved.

So far, I'm thinking of doing something Wednesday 2 hours before the official time for PvP. That is 6:00 Pacific. My reasoning is that it is probably easier to start organizing before the official time than during, and I've heard that some people in eastern time zones think that the official time for PvP on Wednesday is relatively late. I understand that this probably won't work for everyone, but we should be able to get initial teams formed and it will be easier to schedule future things once everyone is talking together. If you can't make it, let me know. If enough people can't make it, the time is flexible.

Also, if you are still interested in joining, we still are recruiting! Just contact me here,We'd need 2 more people to make 4 teams, which would be awesome, but if we got 5 teams, it would be wonderful. If you are interested, post in this thread, message me on Atlas, or message me on Discord.

On Wednesday, we'll figure out teams. Be on Discord in the channel that everyone will be on at 6:00 Pacific on Wednesday. Then, we can probably play some Atlas! For later sessions, if we go up to 4 teams, I'd envision a round robin tournament during scheduled times, and in addition, if two teams want to play each other outside of the scheduled time, they'd just need to talk to each other to work out a time where they're both available.

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

I'll try my best to show up at 6pst. I think I'll be home from work by then. woooooooooooooo atlurs

• cdisscdiss Member

I'm potentially interested if you need another. However, I can't make 6 Pacific tomorrow. Normally Weds at 6 Pacific does work for me though; in fact any day Tues-Fri at 6 Pacific normally works.

Also, I'm gone and unavailable from Tues July 12 through Thurs July 21. Just letting you know up front. I'd hate to be a reason my team takes a forfeit or something, so maybe I need a sub for that week.

• MilleaMillea Member

Some people are having difficulties with atlasbot on getting onto discord. If a dev could help with that by either manually granting people permission or fixing up atlasbot before the planned time (tomorrow at 6:00 pst), that would be greatly appreciated.

• NibNib Member

This was the best idea ever.

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

I'm sure there was a better idea sometime in history.

• MilleaMillea Member

Could we schedule a second meeting where we get a couple games in? Could we do tomorrow at the same time (6;00 pst?)

• tedstertedster Member

Hey Millea,

Count me in, I'm available most days outside of Thursday evenings and Sundays. I can flex things as well and will usually be idling in channel, so hit me up.

• I'd be down depending on the day and time
    :)

• Count me in.

• MilleaMillea Member

Alright - I was gone for the past week and it seems like more people have gotten interested, and I'm not sure whether it happened again after the first time. How about we do a meeting tomorrow after the playtest? (2 PM PST)