Tutorial Not Working

Hi! I'm having issues running the tutorial.
When the native client starts up (not the game client, but the actual game itself), the new window all black for a while, and then when the music starts, it is simply a black screen, with a grey quadrant in the top right. (screenshot attached, and according to the screenshot, the non grey area is simply blank.)
Eventually, the voice over starts, I can see the minimap and a fog of war'ed screen, and that's when the game crashes, right after the person says "Welcome to the Atlas Tutorial".

Screenshots and the log are attached. Thanks!

Comments

• MutableManMutableMan Member, Administrator

If you have a chance, it would be great to get a bit more info from you. Try restarting, then running the tutorial again. If it crashes, click the "?" in the upper right, then hit the "Send Bug Report" button. It may take a while to complete.

If even that doesn't work, a dxdiag report may help us get to the bottom of these, see here:
    https://help.artillery.com/dxdiag

Sorry to see you run into trouble, and thanks for the report and screenshots!

• Bug report sent, through the client.

• sqrtofneg1sqrtofneg1 Member
    edited May 21

Update: Tried playing a bot match, I get the same black screen initially. After a while, the game does load, and I am prompted by sound to pick a hero, but there is nothing on the screen.
    Dxdiag here:

DxDiag.txt 82.9K

Man, this is a real doozy. I don't see anything obvious in any of the logs. It's a long shot, but maybe try uninstalling Atlas and reinstalling.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep investigating. I'll let you know as soon as I have more ideas on what might help.

• Reinstalling did not work. Same issue again.

Rats. Unfortunately, we don't have a solution for this yet, and we don't know what's causing the problem, which means we won't be able to get you in for this weekend. We're working on a build that will hopefully help point us in the right direction.

Really sorry about this, and hope to play with you in the next test.

• I'm having the same issue with the tutorial crashing after the announcer says "welcome to atlas". Before I could get as far as the hero spawning, I would move him into the first circle, the announcer would say a few things then three little units would pop up next to my hero unable to move and that's the furthest the tutorial would allow me to go.

• @MutableMan said:
    Rats. Unfortunately, we don't have a solution for this yet, and we don't know what's causing the problem, which means we won't be able to get you in for this weekend. We're working on a build that will hopefully help point us in the right direction.

Really sorry about this, and hope to play with you in the next test.

Darn in, I was looking forwards to playing Atlas....

Thanks for trying!

• MagehatMagehat Member

Yeah, I get the exact same behaviour as sqrtofneg1, including for the bot games. Also sent in a bug report, so good luck!

• Now that it's open alpha, wanted to bump this, because I still have this issue.

There are a couple of new things you can try. In the launcher, open Settings by clicking on the gear in the upper right. There should be an option to enable ANGLE and Direct3D 9. These may dramatically reduce framerate, but it's possible it will allow you to start the game. If you have time, try enabling each and let me know if it works.

• I also have this bug, which is pretty game breaking unfortunately :(. enabling ANGLE and Direct3D 9 makes the game work, but is unplayable with disconnects and low frame rate even on lowest settings. let me know if there's anything else I can do to help diagnose the problem!

• Angle and Direct3D does work, thanks!