Feeling useless if your army gets wiped out.

I haven't experienced since the first game when I had no idea what I was doing. But after I ran my troops into the towers and got them wiped out there was a forty second or so re-spawn timer or something close to that. During that time I just felt useless. Sadly I can't think of anything that could be done to help alleviate, or if i'm just missing out on something.

Comments

• I like the long death timers. It makes it feel impactful to kill enemy units, knowing they won't be back for a while. Your hero's timer seems to always be really short though, so you get to run around and cast spells at least. Most of the ultimates are pretty strong and can make you feel like you're influencing a fight even if you only have your hero. That's how I see it anyway.

• The respawn timers are fine, there's just nothing really to do when your army gets wiped out besides wait. The hero could also get picked off easily if you end up having to defend by yourself.

• staticostatico Member, Administrator

Your hero's timer seems to always be really short though, so you get to run around and cast spells at least.

This. I'm pretty good at losing my entire army, but being able to spawn the hero back quickly means I can run around and place wards.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

@Volaurand, I completely agree on your point. There is often a "lean back" moment in Atlas where you don't really have anything to do. Ideally, we'd implement some "extra thingies" that you could focus on while your army is dead. In other words

1. Microing army, having fun, getting into position
    2. Oh no my army died!
    3. Well they're dead for 40s... hmm lets see what I can do
    4. Consider options among the "extra thingies". It's not as intense as #1, but it's definitely engaging.
    5. Army respawns and back to max intensity!

Right now, as suggested above, respawning your captor and trying to sneak around grabbing gems is pretty fun. I'd like more stuff like that :D

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator
    edited December 2015

In addition to casting spells with your Hero (no C-words here!), the Hero can also spawn weapons which can be used to harass expansions and push while your army respawns :D

• @Artillery.Day[9] I would agree with the extra thingies along with gem farming, because sometimes the gems aren't always there. A way to always be able to help out the team by even being just a little annoyance when the enemy team is going in for the big push to win the game.