Feedback!!

edited April 17 in Feedback

First off, I just want to say thanks for letting me play! Very enjoyable game. I definitely like this direction for RTS, smaller skill curve on macro mechanics, and much higher skill curve on tactics / strategy. Awesome! Here's some feedback, hope it helps:

the awesome:

• When I am choosing upgrades for my units, I am thrilled with all the interesting choices I have. Extremely well done!
  • I find experimenting with heroes/units/mercs to be extremely satisfying. They all have cool fantasies and they are fun to play around with.
  • When I am playing I feel like I have a lot of opportunities to pursue different objectives. My gameplay strategy never feels stale. Fighting over those orbs is a truly wonderful system.

potential improvements:

• When I am skirmishing, I would like to see my units health in the UI in the bottom center of the screen (where it displays the counts). I feel sometimes in very large skirmishes, I can't get quite enough information to micro my units as well as I'd like. I'd also like to be able to select them in that window so I can micro them.
  • When a team makes a big push and gets a few objectives, it doesn't seem to have a rich impact on the pacing of the game. I think most tactical games benefit off emotional highs and lows for the player, and I don't feel a game acceleration / urgency if I get an objective taken or if someone takes one of mine.
  • When in combat, I feel like the engage times are too long for me to get appropriate dopamine reactions on big mechanical outplays. If I make a big play, it does make a meaningful impact on the outcome of the fight, but it doesn't seem to engage my adrenaline as the fight was kinda slow and I didn't feel much urgency.
  • When choosing between Vex and Vela, I feel there isn't a rich gameplay difference between ignite and marking. That said, both are extremely satisfying to play. I think it seems to fit the scouting sniper fantasy really well, so perhaps some nuance you could add is scaling damage for ignite, adding stacks per attack until you get blue flame.

edit 1 and 2: i am formatting noob 8)

Comments

• When I am skirmishing, I would like to see my units health in the UI in the bottom center of the screen (where it displays the counts). I feel sometimes in very large skirmishes, I can't get quite enough information to micro my units as well as I'd like. I'd also like to be able to select them in that window so I can micro them.

You know, I've been thinking about this recently too. Not only seeing unit health, but IIRC in War3 I could heal/cast by targeting that unit's portrait in the selection. There's an argument to be made that it's less skill-based that healing on the field but there are times when health bars are obscured by visuals or other targets are simply in the way (like trying to lay down a gem collection structure when units are standing over a gem node). It's at this time that I feel like my ability is useless.