Client and Outgame [TW3 Megathread]

EricEric Member, Administrator

Comment on your experience outside of a game here.

When providing feedback, please use the following format:

• X happened
  • It made me feel Y (or I’d like to feel Y)
  • (optional) Here’s a suggestion to improve it

Comments

• From clicking on the Atlas icon, to having everything on the UI up and loaded, takes ~5 seconds. This seems incredibly streamlined and I am impressed!

• SaravorSaravor Member

The client feels slow to me. In particular, the Mercpedia can take more than a minute "Computing quaternions" and "Initiating boot sequence" and what have you before it loads. Feels slower in the client than on the website, but neither's quick.

• SaravorSaravor Member

I don't understand why the Mercpedia has unit descriptions and the Atlaspedia does not. Aren't the Atlaspedia units supposed to be the focus?

• RazukeeRazukee Member

I just had this happen, when people (I assume copy and paste) a large amount of emojis the entire client's text vanishes for a moment and locks the game up

Screenshot: http://snag.gy/Cfqzn.jpg

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

@Saravor said:
    The client feels slow to me. In particular, the Mercpedia can take more than a minute "Computing quaternions" and "Initiating boot sequence" and what have you before it loads. Feels slower in the client than on the website, but neither's quick.

I believe we'll have this bug fixed on the next client release, but not sure if we're doing one before the end of the test weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• When I ended the game, the results were behind the chat window. This made me feel sad. I would appreciate it not happening.

It also appears that somehow I got a second client launched at the same time. I didn't do that AFAIK...

• wadswads Member

the scroll bars on the chat windows doesn't show up for some reason

Imgur

• A majority of the time after finishing a game, the chat window will overlay the results screen, blocking most of the bottom left 2 squad details. I have yet to find a way to minimize or close the chat window from this screen.

• @Alyindar said:
    A majority of the time after finishing a game, the chat window will overlay the results screen, blocking most of the bottom left 2 squad details. I have yet to find a way to minimize or close the chat window from this screen.

Click the Smile face on the left side of "All" in the lower left hand corner. It hides the chat.

• Great community, if I have a question I can see what devs are on and I can ask. I wouldn't have it any other way. It seems to be functioning and it makes me feel good seeing the (tiny) community just in the chat hanging out.

• @wolverinero79 said:
    Click the Smile face on the left side of "All" in the lower left hand corner. It hides the chat.

It's supposed to yes, but wasn't yesterday. Today I have not had that problem.

• Chat between squad picker and game can get awkward. A couple times something got cut off or interface froze due to game loading, and once I launched into the game without keyboard response. I think it's because I was typing a chat when the picker exited. I think chatting that I had no control is what fixed it, but I started a minute behind.

• asmit10asmit10 Member

I felt confused when I started a intro bot game for the first time, and the resolution of the "Atlas Native Client" was off, and was finicky to "fix". It started by asking me to enter the graphical options that I wanted, which was fine, as this was my first game. The problem was that I entered all of the graphical settings that I wanted (including my resolution), and yet the window size didn't change. I wasn't really bothered by this until I tried to look at the units for each of the squads. I couldn't see the last unit for each squad. I tried scrolling, but that didn't work. I then remembered that Day9 had dragged the border of the window in order to expand it. I tried to do this, but the mouse cursor was bound to the window by default (which is a good thing), but I then had to fiddle with the options, and then the window, in order to be able to see all of the units for each squad. Even then, the skill of the 4th unit is still cut off in some cases.

(I tried to minimize the wall of text as much as possible, sorry if it's still too much.)

• AbyssAbyss Member

I would like to say that I felt like the client was really nice. Besides some minor problems, I felt like it was professional looking and sleek. Performance seemed fine, it felt very responsive to me.

My only complaint would be that I felt like the chat overlaying and friends list overlaying could be confusing from a UX standpoint. Specifically, these two things I reported as bugs turned out to be user confusion, and I think that UI design can solve that.

• On the primary page / first page, the chat stays open unlike all other pages. I thought it was bugged out and unable to be closed.

• On the learn pages, the right side of each page would be cut off. Similarly this happened on the match history pages. What I didn't realize is that I could close the friends list, and that was what was blocking those parts of the page.

Oh, and I did find one bug with the client, and it was related to having the website open at the same time as the client (both with chat). For some reason, I received a whisper on the website chat, but it never appeared on the actual client for me. This was really confusing, until I figured it out. I did report this in the support chat when it happened. (I love the feature of having chat able to be loaded via website too.)

This discussion has been closed.