In-Game UI

CalvinCalvin Member

I feel like there should be a megathread for this. Here is my feedback:

1) When I try to pan my screen, I feel frustrated. I am accustomed to using my mouse's 5th button to pan the screen, so I would love the ability to remap the mouse keys.

2) When I click on a building I do not notice anything change in the UI. This feels confusing. The little tiny card that displays the hit points, name, damage, etc. is WAY too small / out of the way, at least for a new player. A lot of the time I feel like I don't even know what unit / structure I clicked on unless I read that tiny little thing.

3) When I am controlling an army I feel very happy that I do not have to select a specific unit to cast a spell. Great job with that feature!

4) When I am swapping between my army and buildings (via hotkeys) I often accidentally hit a button and start creating a mercenary that I did not really want. This is annoying. When I see that the unit is building (on the right hand side of the screen) I want to cancel it but the UI doesn't clearly indicate how to do that. I believe at one point I double clicked on a portrait and it went away - does this cancel production?

There are more but I gotta run for now!

Comments

• anxmananxman Member, Administrator

@Calvin said:
    I feel like there should be a megathread for this. Here is my feedback:

1) When I try to pan my screen, I feel frustrated. I am accustomed to using my mouse's 5th button to pan the screen, so I would love the ability to remap the mouse keys.

Hi, thanks for playing!

1) Do you drag the screen with your mouse?

2) When I click on a building I do not notice anything change in the UI. This feels confusing. The little tiny card that displays the hit points, name, damage, etc. is WAY too small / out of the way, at least for a new player. A lot of the time I feel like I don't even know what unit / structure I clicked on unless I read that tiny little thing.

2) How would you want to have this information presented to you?

3) When I am controlling an army I feel very happy that I do not have to select a specific unit to cast a spell. Great job with that feature!

3) Yippee!

4) When I am swapping between my army and buildings (via hotkeys) I often accidentally hit a button and start creating a mercenary that I did not really want. This is annoying. When I see that the unit is building (on the right hand side of the screen) I want to cancel it but the UI doesn't clearly indicate how to do that. I believe at one point I double clicked on a portrait and it went away - does this cancel production?

4) Yes, clicking the unit portrait on the right side will cancel production.

There are more but I gotta run for now!

Cool, thanks!

//Anxman