A few in game UI suggestions - Unit Selection Indicator and Units Waiting to be Deployed Indicator

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but two things that have currently been a bit annoying with my games has been the unit selection indicator and also not knowing when units are ready to be deployed.

The unit selection indicator is rather simple, I just feel like it's hard to determine which units I have selected due to the health bars being in the same circle. I can see the design attempt there but for me personally it just gets a little bit confusing.

Also on that the similarity in color between the health bar and the weapon cool down bar makes the whole thing difficult to for me to distinguish the two.

The other thing that I feel could be beneficial is that whenever units are done building and are ready to be deployed, that there be some indicator somewhere (probably on the upper left box) saying how many units are currently waiting to be deployed. I find my self constantly in game not hearing or remembering if I heard the "unit completed" sound notification and going back to my base and spamming V to see if anything can come out because I have no way to know and I forgot if I heard anything or not. So I think a "units waiting to be deployed" indicator would be beneficial to increasing efficiency of macro.

Comments

• BKcoreBKcore Member, Administrator
    edited March 5

The unit selection indicator is rather simple, I just feel like it's hard to determine which units I have selected due to the health bars being in the same circle. I can see the design attempt there but for me personally it just gets a little bit confusing.

Also on that the similarity in color between the health bar and the weapon cool down bar makes the whole thing difficult to for me to distinguish the two.

Totally agree with that, we've been talking about alternatives and are just waiting on the right time to experiment with that.

The other thing that I feel could be beneficial is that whenever units are done building and are ready to be deployed, that there be some indicator somewhere (probably on the upper left box) saying how many units are currently waiting to be deployed. I find my self constantly in game not hearing or remembering if I heard the "unit completed" sound notification and going back to my base and spamming V to see if anything can come out because I have no way to know and I forgot if I heard anything or not. So I think a "units waiting to be deployed" indicator would be beneficial to increasing efficiency of macro.

There's actually a respawn indicator on the top left, under the resources. It doesn't have exact numbers because we wanted to keep it from being too complex, but we might think about that.

• Gemini19Gemini19 Member

@BKcore said:
    There's actually a respawn indicator on the top left, under the resources. It doesn't have exact numbers because we wanted to keep it from being too complex, but we might think about that.

Can you screenshot what that looks like I'm not sure what you're talking about.

The orange background under the unit means you have units of that type waiting to be deployed.

respawn.png 49.7K

Oh ok I was wondering what that was. That also doesn't show for mercs which would also be helpful in my opinion. I also thought I've seen that orange indicator even after I spawned everything.

The 5th slot is for the mercs ;)

The indicator will go orange whenever you buy a new unit or merc, or when one of your squad unit respawns.

Does it stay orange when the unit is still in production and not ready to be deployed yet?

Nope, only orange when there is a unit ready and not yet deployed. Production does not count and is only displayed in the dynamic slots on the right of the screen.

I guess I'll try to look at that more the next time I play and see if it's enough of an indicator.