Yes another first impression

ErwinErwin Member

Hey super stoked to be part of this. Played my first game today against bots with another more experienced player helping me along (Shout out to Burdock)

My thoughts are that the game seems a bit too big in some ways, I found that by the midgame I had a whole bunch of units, and it seemed like I just had a few to many of them.

I felt like the "free" respawn mechanic really made it hard to judge if I was playing correctly or making gains vs the opponents.
Kills against the enemy hero felt very flat to me, and It seemed as if the units died just a bit to fast.

I think that's because it felt like warcraft 3 to me, and in that game the units were a bit stronger and took a while to die.

The beginning of the game was fun but by the mid game it felt a bit endless the orb's just are not a satisfying mechanic because they make it hard to judge how ahead or behind you are, and I guess just arent a visceral enough reward for killing an enemy squad (woo I killed them so I can collect orbs in peace...)

Anyways that's just the feeling's I have after one game. Plan on playing some more, and of course hitting up the pvp scene this sunday!

Comments

• BurdockBurdock Member

Do you feel that the kills felt flat due to it not being visceral? (levels, sound, explosions, and so on)
    Or did they feel flat due to it not feel actively impact-full (like giving space to harvest gems not feeling good)