Laptop Optimization

BacoBaco Member

Just played my first game on my MSI laptop, with a relatively good graphics card (840-ish?) Unfortunately it seems as if, even on low graphics setting, the units move in a very choppy way, and the responsive feedback is very minimal. Maybe I just need to reboot my computer, but that's my first impression. Gcaf8f3148cfa4993830f814751b40928 is my replay code. Can't wait to keep playing Atlas!

Comments

• BKcoreBKcore Member, Administrator

Hi Baco, Make sure the game is running on your dedicated GPU in the Nvidia control panel.

• MicahMicah Member, Administrator

I just took a look at the timing trace for this GameId and I see evidence that there might be network packet loss. The server "startTick" messages are going out like clockwork, but the client is receiving them in bunchy random clusters (presumably after some retries).

Baco - What do you know about the condition of your local network last night? Was your laptop at the margin of WiFi coverage?

• BacoBaco Member

The dorm I'm in this semester has relatively good internet, and I rarely have any WiFi issues. I'm redownloading the game and will try again.

• MicahMicah Member, Administrator

Also, BKcore's suggestion is relevant. If your laptop has two GPUs (The 840 and also the Intel integrated graphics) then you might need to open the Nvidia setup tool and whitelist Atlas as something which uses the Nvidia GPU.