Sadly, I must request that you disable my account and give access to another participant.

OotoriKyouyaOotoriKyouya Member
edited December 2015 in Help & Support

It is with great sadness and regret that I request this to be done. I received an invitation to the testing. I got my account setup and the client downloaded. I was very excited. However, this is where the turn for the worst occurred.

During the installation, I received an error. It says msvcp140.dll was missing. I investigated this error and found out that my system does not meet the requirements. Let me explain.

msvcp140.dll comes from Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It should be a simple download and install the run-time component. After close inspection, it is noted that under system requirements, it does not support Windows 7. It supports Windows 10 , Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3...but not Windows 7.

At such short time and notice, I am unable to upgrade to Windows 7 SP1. I also have reservations with upgrading my system to 8, 8.1 or 10 for security reasons.

I want to apologize for such an inconvenience. Please fulfill my request as I'm sure that there are other participants eager to join the test. Hope all goes well in the next 2 weeks.

Comments

• stevearcstevearc Member, Administrator, Moderator

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to play. Rest assured that there will be future test weekends and you'll be invited to those as well. Hope to see you again in the future!

• OotoriKyouyaOotoriKyouya Member
    edited December 2015

Thank you for understanding. I was just surprised that this was required. I had no idea since I read the system requirements carefully. Again, I'm sorry to bring such abrupt news.

• marktillerymarktillery Member, Administrator

@OotoriKyouya I'll update the system requirements to specifically mention Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Unfortunately, it would be very difficult for us to support Windows 7 RTM (without SP 1) because Microsoft discontinued support for that OS three years ago: https://blogs.windows.com/itpro/2013/02/14/windows-7-rtm-end-of-support-is-right-around-the-corner/

This means there are no longer any updates or redistributable installs available for that OS. Regarding security, it also means you're about 3 years behind on Windows security updates, so I'd definitely recommend installing the service pack at your first opportunity.

Sorry you couldn't play, and hope to see you at test weekend 4!