First impressions after a few games

KyleKyle Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

So far I'm really enjoying the game and am really grateful to be a part of making it better!

I think it's hard to judge the game now because I've only gotten to play with and against bots but already it seems like there is a lot of strategic depth to the game which is something that is very important for me in a game and I'm already imagining some epic strats that me and my friends could pull off!

However there are a few things that I think could stand to be improved.

I was definitely getting frustrated at the large banners that pop up on the screen telling you that my base is under attack. I would like to keep this message but not have it pop up right in the middle of a micro intensive battle. Maybe having this as a smaller notification to the side of the screen would be better?

It's very difficult to see the health of your units in a large fight, especially if you're trying to pull out low health ones from your army. I really like the idea of the health bar being integrated into the unit bounding circle but maybe it would be better if the color of the health bar was a completely different color than the selection indicator to make it clearer.

Overally I think this game has potential to be really great and is a breath of fresh air for the RTS genre. I'm really looking forward to playing this game with friends!

EDIT:
As far as performance, I'm getting pretty solid 144fps with 150% superscaling and everything maxed on a 980ti with i74770k