First Impressions (2 games in, 1 win 1 loss)

During my first game I kind of felt like I was playing a hybrid RTS/MOBA, which I thought was a nice change of pace, I could upgrade buildings and build units and the units I lost would respawn and that was really interesting. But I find myself having less fun during engagements. When I'm attacking and things are going well its great, and when things are not going well and I can retreat when I feel I need to get out then that's also great. But when I'm blocked by my own units or my teammates (Bot) units and I die because there is no way out, it feels less good. I do not know what the answer to that is, but in other RTS like starcraft, I do not find that I am often blocked by my own units or my team mates.... This could just be a path-finding issue since i often find myself heavily microing my units to get them where I need them to be, But I am also a novice at most RTS games (and MOBAs while we are at it... )so its also possible I'm just not good at moving my units properly and Starcrafts programming is just generous when it comes to unit collision and units moving out of the way.

Another thing I noticed Is that its 3v3 when engaging but 1v1v1 when it comes to resources. I cannot steal my enemies resources and I think I can see why.... but fighting my own teammates for our own resources is a little strange. I think since we cannot steal the other teams resources maybe everyone on a team should benefit when someone picks up a gem specifically, I'm sure balancing that will be crummy problem but the feeling that im fighting my own team mates just so I can help the team build turrets or expand or do a heavy push with neutral weapons is a little off-putting.

My last bit of feed back may or may not be helpful because I am more of casual player/novice at these games. But I find it difficult to tell if I'm winning or losing..... or more specifically, it's difficult for me to tell WHY I am winning or losing. In my game #1 I felt like I was doing the right thing and I was even up in levels but "something" happened and the game swung hard and I just kept dying and it was over. I feel like i was spending my money where I needed to spend it and it was always low, so its possible it was just that I never expanded and my income was just terrible. however in my Game #2 I felt invincible the entire time. I don't feel I played drastically different but the outcome was an overwhelming victory...

Oh, also while I was playing, when i would use my abilities, I would have all of my characters selected and just press the hot key (since it said i could in the tutorial) but sometimes if the ability was a charge move, the character performing the move would get caught up in the environment, like touching the side of a wall, but then would stop and I would have to wait for the cool down before I could try again. It may just be more situational awareness that i need on my part. But when my move was wasted in a way I wasn't expecting was mildly frustrating, but I only encountered this with Melee abilities..

Otherwise I think it's really fun. Especially my second game where I felt like was just steamrolling the computer (even if i didn't know why i was so strong... I like that it doesn't feel overly complicated but there is still a lot of depth with how the bases are built.