First Impressions after 2 Games with Vex

Hi! I've only had a chance to play a couple games against bots and had a ton of fun. I wanted to write down my thoughts before they flew off into dreamland when I go to bed in a little bit. Here's point by point feedback about what came to my mind during these games in no particular order.

• So first game I played, me and my AI allies lost terribly. The enemy team struck with an abundance of neutral weapons and we couldn't fight back past the midway line past after the first few gem spawns. Fighting the neutral weapons let the enemy squads decimate us and fighting the squads let the enemy neutral weapons decimate our structures. The correct action here seems to be conceding the structures to stationary weapons, fighting the enemy and cleaning up the mobile neutral weapons after the push back. I haven't been able to do it yet but I think it might be an icky feeling having to play with a bunch of neutral weapons stuck on our side.
  • Mini-map colors make it a bit difficult to figure out what's going on at a glance. Here comes a blob of orange! Is it one hero's squad? More? Who knows? :) It'd be nice to make the allies and enemies have different colors.
  • In the same vein, it would be amazing if we could see bases which are up for grabs vs. bases locked by titans. I'm sure as I learn the map this will be a non issue but for now I have to scan the mini-map and click on every base until I find one that's free or decide to go titan hunting.
  • So fun times - second game went much better and me and my AI allies won! Turned the AI's tactics from the first match against them, pushed hard using neutral weapons and carved out a decent chunk of the map while they were dealing with my 2 base ion cannon, and it was easy going from there. Vex and co. camping next to an ion or mini ion with a healing totem up was pretty much impossible for the enemy team to deal with, especially after the ult was up.
  • The game went long enough for me to get Pyrosaurs this time, but I couldn't effectively use them - they were too fat. They would block choke points and get my other units stuck behind them. It was just easier to go without them, which is probably not how an ultimate unit should feel.
  • Similarly, if an ion cannon is placed between the wall and the 2x coin patch, the choke point becomes impassable to a hero or a unit with a similar size. Camping a ranged unit behind that with healing totems when facing melee heroes is pretty good. Going around just gives the cannon more time to grab objectives. I imagine teammates working together could completely block that choke point with multiple cannons, which feel like they take a while to destroy if you can't get a good concave on them. Maybe stackable units would be nice, like some flying types? Maybe some units could grow wings with upgrades? Those may be interesting solutions to pathing around beefy objects and creatures.

That's all for now! Looking forward to playing some more games over the weekend.