Living Vines Nerf

CycleCycle Member, Moderator

You know, I was really thinking about the comparison between Alder's and Ryme's basic Hero ability, and I think that one is significantly stronger.

Alder's Living Vines is a straight-line stun that pierces.
Ryme's Frostbolt is a straight-line stun that hits only a single target.

I believe both occur for the same length of time (though Ryme's can be upgraded).

I remembered that Frostbolt (and the freeze mechanic in general) originally only snared, and in my head I imagined just freezing the feet of the hit enemies. In the same thought I was wondering how Living Vines was actually preventing the afflicted units from attacking at all, and the only thing I could think of was if the vines were to grow upwards and like, cover the unit entirely or something.

Mostly this is a long-winded way of me saying, after playing Alder a lot and seeing all the tools he has, I wonder if Living Vines should be solely a snare, allowing the snared units to still attack units that are in range. This would also preserve the unique-ness of Ryme's freeze mechanic and in my mind make the two Hero basic abilities much more comparable.

Thoughts?

Comments

• BKcoreBKcore Member, Administrator

I've always found Living Vines to be really strong, specially when played top along a squad that packs heavy burst AoEs (hello LV + Destructive Prophecy).

I can't comment on balance since that's not my domain, but your point definitely resonates with me.

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator
    edited November 2015

Living Vines is already only a snare. Though, while we haven't dug terribly deep into balance, the duration of the snare is on our watch-list.

• CycleCycle Member, Moderator

I am a fool for not checking this or realizing it when I only play this hero.

I mean, whoo fastest fix ever!

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

I went back in time and changed this after you commented. Just to cause confusion. Because I'm so McFly!