First Impressions

ckchessmasterckchessmaster Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

Edit: I Played as

So I just finished my first game against the AI playing as Vela and i'm really excited to play/learn more! Overall I really liked what I saw. One thing for me at least was that I felt a little bit annoyed when I kept having to reset command groups whenever my units re-spawned. Having to reset the command group over and over got a bit tiresome throughout my game. Also things felt a bit too tight in combat. I had a lot of trouble maneuvering units around in combat as they tended to just all get in each others way when I wanted some units to move forward or others back and I lost a lot of units to this. I love the fact that your hotkeys are super easy to access without having to tab through! Also, I really liked how simple the game is to understand with easy to grasp concepts like resource gathering and expanding just being one button without having to worry about managing it all. At the same time I like how most units have abilities allowing a lot of depth and strategic stuff to the game.
So anyway those are my first thoughts i'm really liking what I see so far, keep up the great work guys!

Comments

• Having also just finished my first game as Vela (one win under my belt :D), I wanted to echo the first impressions of ckchessmaster. I noticed similar things while I was playing through.

I believe my other thoughts (mostly related to the late game feeling a little stagnant) are just me needing to learn the game a bit more strategically - but I'll send feedback with any that persist after more games.

• When I hopped into my first game I was very happy with how smoothly everything ran. I didn't feel like anything hindered my game experience in any major way.

I also played as Vela. When I read the Squad description I thought it's intent was fast, micro-intensive units. in-game, however they still felt clunky and slow. The raptor has the highest speed of any unit but it still takes quite a while to move anywhere on the map.

I liked the idea of the basic game mechanics. I enjoy quickly tabbing between my base to upgrade, my units to micro, and my hero to farm gems and get bases. The APM potential feels great!