First Impressions

I've only played one game vs bots (I won yay!), but I thought I'd post my first immediate reactions.

During the midgame I found it really difficult to keep track of where my units were. When looking at the minimap I couldn't really tell what was what (what were my units, and what were resource nodes, etc). Maybe I'll get better at managing units and parsing the minimap after playing some more games?

Towards the end of the game there was one point where I had a few Purifiers (I played as Celesta) in siege mode and that combined with one of the AI allies blocked my army in so I couldn't move which was frustrating (everything seemed to be stuck together). I had to unsiege to unblock myself and move everything (things didn't look like they were packed that tightly, but I guess they just didn't have enough room to slip past each other).

It was a little bit frustrating to hit the unit cap (which caught me a bit by surprise as I didn't notice anything in the UI indicating there was a cap).

Comments

• I just wanted to add, now having looked closer at the UI, I noticed that the units do show how many max supply you can make with the numbers in the bottom right corner. It would be nice if the tooltip had text to explain what the numbers mean (this may be a much more general thing about the UI having numbers in places that aren't always self-explanatory).

• Just to add to Berler's point about having it hard to find your units in mid to late game: I think a "select all army" button would be very helpful. Even though in SC2 it's a cardinal sin to use the select all army button, in Atlas it seems as if a lot of the unit interactions point towards a squad working best if it's all grouped together.

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

@NotSirW - there already is a select all army button (tilde) - it selects everything except neutral weapons though. At the moment if you want to bring your neutral weapons you'll probably want to put them on a hotkey as you spawn them

• Wow, thank you, that'll help a lot. I'll be sure to do more research before I make a suggestion in the future -.-

• Cerebral09Cerebral09 Member, Moderator

No worries! Everybody is new at the game! Don't be afraid to submit feedback ♥

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

Yeah working with the AI in regards to pathing is a bit of a nightmare. It's easier w/ a human ally because they intelligently get out of the way WAY more often than the AI ever does. Hopefully all feels better at the PvP (oh man that's in 1 hour woo!)