In-game UI suggestions

SirSir Member
edited August 29 in Feedback
  1. UI should be scalable. Right now it's too big on regular desktop monitors.
  2. The sideway strings on the production queues aren't really comfortable to read, as they are, duh, sideway. They could be placed on the vertical space between queues, with a smaller font if needed. It's not like you need to read it more than once, ever. They could be replaced by icons, too.
  3. Control group "command card" strings: "RSRC", "PROD" and "UPGD" feel unnecessarily contrived, and inconsistent with the full word "ARMY". A little bit less point size, less padding, maybe even lower kerning or sentence case and they can fit as full words. Again, it's not something you need to read more than once in a lifetime, so it can be smaller.
  4. Resource indicators should be on top of the production queues, which is all you want to see when producing. You want to see that with just one glance.
  5. Actual ping indicator. As in, the latency number, not just colored bars.
  6. Being able to reposition the chat.
  7. Being able to change chat's background opacity. Personally I want it to 0, so it doesn't look boxy.
  8. Showing hero's portraits on the minimap instead of a big H within a circle, so you can see who's where at a glance.

That's all I can think of, for now.

Comments

• I absolutely love customize-able ui, and I think it should be a staple for every pvp game. Great ideas.