Auto Production?

Hi Guys,

What do you guys think about the auto production ability? I think it is ok for a bronze silver play but overall, I think any RTS or a high skilled moba will not use it.

Comments

• I've found the Auto-Production to be nice when first starting out, so I could focus on learning the basics and feel of the game, rather than having to learn and manage all of the units up-front. After that though, controlling it directly gives more control and flexibility.

• GhoulGhoul Member

I agree. I think its a novice friendly thing that will be phased out the more skilled one becomes.

• RodickRodick Member

I never used auto production and reason is i want to be involved in the games i play. Make a small strategy of what i need and when. I make a lot mistakes normally but that is learning path. :chuffed:

• It's nice to use when you start out but i found by my 3rd game it was really harming my play.

• SirSir Member
    edited August 29

It's there exactly for that: to reduce the barrier of entry and ease learning. The hardest thing in RTS for new players is multitasking, so with autoproduction they can focus on getting comfortable with micro until they are ready to manually produce.

It's just a learning tool. You will find out that it's quite suboptimal and inflexible so intermediate level players and above don't benefit from it at all.

On the subject of the Core autoproducing even when autoproduction is deactived, I find that's great design. Obviously, you never want to produce nothing, so automatically producing whatever is better. You should have some non-terrible default in case you forget to produce in the heat of the battle. It's never going to be better than manually producing, anyway.