Bugs and issues after my initial impression

So I just had a notepad open while playing my first few PvP matches, and wrote down several things that just bugged me. Some are straight up bugs/issues, while others are my own feelings that simply might be wrong for what direction you want the game to be. I'm not going to cover balance here as those are discussed and changed daily anyways.

1. Save loadout in client before the match starts. (This one I believe has been suggested before, but I'm putting it in anyways because it really annoys me)

2. When a unit is stunned, it should continue what it was doing before the stun. As in if I'm attacking one of two neutrals and all my units are stunned, they should continue attacking that one neutral instead of reacquiring targets based on proximity. I know this isn't usually the case with moba/arts games, but there you only have one unit to worry about, and having to have some units stop attacking just so I can reacquire target with the other half is a bit annoying.

3. Health bar in numbers please. One thing is not seeing what health the enemy units has (which I also think you should be able to), but not being able to see your own units, and worse your own hero's, health seems a bit weird. In fact, the whole tooltip needs a bit of an upgrade when it comes to information.

4. Game client should auto fullscreen on default. Or at least provide options for the game client while in the matchfinder window.

5. Game ends too soon after victory/defeat. No time to write "gg wp".

6. I feel like the map might be a bit too small. And maybe a tad too few neutrals. After killing the first set of neutrals, all you can do is immediately go for Titans. Which brings me to:

7. Titans probably shouldn't be spawn able right at the start. A titan shifts the game focus from acquiring resources and gaining levels to attacking the enemy base, and it seems weird to be able to do that just a few seconds into the game. It also limits how strong you can make the first few Titans, as they have to be weak enough for startup armies to defeat them, which in turn makes them seem unimportant. I think the Titans would have a much bigger impact if you waited a few minutes before you could summon them. But for that to happen you would require to put more things on the map for players to do while waiting.

8. And lastly a straight up bug/issue: You are able to start producing units before the game countdown finishes. This means that someone who's game is loading slower than others (or for any reason might be distracted while waiting for other players to load) will have their first few units come out slower than those who spam 4-Q on the loading screen.

Comments

• ExcludosExcludos Member

on nr 7. I've been discussing it a bit on Discord with Tedster and come to understand that Titans is what promotes crossing paths with your enemy from the start, which is absolutely a good thing. I still think maybe this game needs other objectives to fight over besides the Titan and the occasional Neutral (That could also be used instead of the Titan for the first few minutes, making them feel more impactful without being too strong once they come out). But again that could be difficult with the map size being what it is.