Blu's Feedback thread [Updated 12/05]

BluFenixBluFenix Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

Hey Artillery,

First off, thanks for the invitation to test out your game. I've beta'ed a lot of different games, but this is my first true technical alpha. I'm excited for what the game has to offer, and I'd like to offer some specific, focused feedback (I watched Day[9]'s video on this, so I'm spot on!);

A. You've probably heard this a lot, so I'll say it up front. Hydros, the Tidal Knight (HTK) is a very cool class, but the body blocking caused by scuttleguards and aquadillo make them very clunky to use. Often, I've only gotten 3 or 4 into a fight, while the other 5-6 just ...scuttle around? Maybe clipping within your own friendly units is a possibility, or just changing the size of the unit may work as well. Not sure on this, but it makes HTK challenging.

B. Overall, unit speed seems slow. It can take a long time to plod across the map with various units when you need to defend, so positioning becomes very key. I often times feel trapped in the middle of the map, like I can't support my friends for fear of losing an expo.

C. Gold gain feels good in the early game, but begins to become harder in the mid game. I wonder if because you feel kinda stretched thin, with neutral mobs being difficult to kill unless you spend multiple spawn on them, coupled with the fact that the enemy is always pressing your towers. On top of that, saving gold for upgrades becomes hard to choose as well. Do I save for another T2 unit, or build another T1 and get an upgrade? It's a little tough to decide. Maybe you can lower the neutral mob health a bit, to make it easier to expand in the mid game?

[Edit: Played a few games with Grath (GPE) and his T1 units feel a lot better. The Terrapin Trooper's don't block each other nearly as much.]

I'll update with more thoughts and feedback as I get more games in.

Thanks,
Blu

Comments

• BluFenixBluFenix Member
    edited December 2015

D. The "tech building" where you can purchase upgrades for specific units (NOT the multiple upgrade buildings) could use some sort of text or icon at the top right of each ability that says T1 or something like that. I know that over time, people will get used to it, but I spent a lot of time reading each upgrade and being confused as to which unit it was talking about. Have the tier on top of each of these would make it easier to upgrade units.