Low frames on game load

FoambornFoamborn Member
edited July 2 in Help & Support

Occasionally when I load the game I have unusually low FPS. We're talking power point slide show borderline unplayable my team is probably better off with a bot. It gets slightly better a couple minutes in and I top out at about 15 FPS for the remainder of the game. This is happening in about 50% of the games I play.

I have never had anywhere close to this kind of FPS since I started playing in TW4 . I started seeing this when playtest 223 hit.
One time I managed to fix it by changing my graphics settings but this doesn't prevent the issue in future games. Another time it righted itself about 60 minutes into a game.

Edit: I did some testing isolating each graphic setting holding the rest on low/off. I still have huge inconsistencies with FPS. The same settings configuration will give me 15 frames one game, 150 the next, and 40 on another.

Comments

• marktillerymarktillery Member, Administrator

@Foamborn if you haven't already, can you send in a bug report from the game client? Click the ? in the upper right, and then "send bug report". This will send us info about your system that may help. Also, if you can provide replay IDs for any games where you were badly affected, that will help.

Lastly, we are aware of a few performance problems right now, and are trying to fix them - its possible your issue is one we're seeing ourselves as well.

• tedstertedster Member
    edited July 6

I just had a game where my FPS were topping out at 13 for most of the g

EDIT: A fan stopped in my computer. Processor running in the high 70s. Please scratch this report. All is well in the world.

• FoambornFoamborn Member

Gf09bc88fd95f46ad9211e7e9ca794c01

Replay with detailed performance tracing (ctrl+F7) during/after frame issues.