Linux support?

FlukeFluke Member

Hi,

I saw the email invite and I was thinking great since I remembered the talk of it using WebGL so I thought yay I can use this on Linux. So is a Linux client coming? If you need testers or help with it I am a Linux developer and can give some good feedback about things.

Comments

• FlukeFluke Member

Just saw there is Linux support on the way, so my question changes to where can I find the client :)

• marktillerymarktillery Member, Administrator

Hi @Fluke - we spoke in the chat, but I'll follow up here in case anybody else finds this thread.

We made the decision to switch to a native client instead of using the browser for a variety of reasons that you can read about here: http://blog.artillery.com/2015/09/artillery-native-game-client.html That means that the game is only playable as a native application on windows and mac.

If we had an infinite amount of time, we'd love to support linux. However, doing so would take a lot of time, and would only benefit a very small number of players. If we have more resources in the future, we'll consider supporting linux, but for now it just isn't the right thing for us to work on for the majority of players.