Feedback on General Gameplay & Lack of Info

Alright, so I wasn't sure to post the following feedback so here it is. This is post-8 games or so.
Lack of info:
I went to Atlaspedia to check out what was to offer after i finished a couple games of bots. Surprisingly enough none of the buildings and/or upgrades are posted in there. There isn't even a basic overview of the economics, or map style. This lack of knowledge made it hard to figure out how to play the game and made it feel as though a big wall was put in front of me. Obvious suggestion is just to add it in. Also would it be possible to give it drop menus by color because it seems slightly cluttered at the moment.
Gameplay:
When i first entered the game I felt lost due to the fact that all of a sudden three more building were thrown at me which I had no idea what they did. After this I encountered an issue to that i had no real idea what anything did or gave me.
-Taking Neutral Camps offer no idea of what they actually give besides a +1 after a set time. Still not sure of what exactly is given.
-Figuring out what things give you scrap is difficult and as to how much per unit I am slightly unsure.
- The rebuild timer on the warp-in areas is very hard to see. I had to stop moving the camera and squint to see what exactly was the clue for players as to how long they had to either hold/ keep forcing the attack. It is pretty hard to catch on a quick glance though due to the size and coloring. Perhaps make it a little bit darker or more noticeable or add in an option for players with less than perfect sight (I wear glasses that are almost perfectly set for my eyes.).
- A clue for camps would be nice as well. I still haven't figured out how long you are supposed to wait before a camp comes back. Given I have only had 8 games and a multitude of things to learn since this is my first TW. Perhaps making it a bit more noticeable or just a known timer as they do in league would be nice. Heroes of the storm also has a set timer in the spot.
-Titans: I feel like these are a bit too strong. They force entire armies without even being controlled. I'm not sure if this was in the previous TW but i feel like this causes too big of a draw. It is the most feasible way to take down the enemy nexus. Especially so since you don't even have to fully control the titan.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Heya!

So a quick note off the top -- a lot of information that we want to give players definitely isn't in the UI yet, and we want to provide as much of that as we can. This is still very much a work-in-progress, and everything you've listed here is on the mind already, except for camp respawn timers -- I like this suggestion quite a bit and will pass it on.

AtlasPedia is likely going to undergo a massive overhaul, as well.

In terms of Titan strength -- we erred on the side of having them outright end games past a certain point, simply so games would, in fact, meet an eventual end. This may be a bit heavy-handed, but will likely remain this way for a while to avoid 90-minute stalemates, haha!

The Gameplay Guide/FAQ in the General forum (also linked through the client, though not pointed out very well) has a few of the details you were asking about. We'll make sure next time that, either, these things are tutorialized, or that the guide/FAQ will be front-and-center!

Thanks for testing, and for the post!

• Hey,
    Thanks for the reply on why certain things were happening and also a huge thanks for the invite. I enjoy doing beta and alpha testing when i get the opportunity and this is my first Pre-Alpha. On the terms of titan strength, perhaps a better ramping for strength because early game they are quite powerful. Maybe borrow upon the ideas from heroes of the storm maps where the amount needed rises per time used. (Blackheart's Bay) Eventually it gets to the point where it ends the game but it takes a longer time to get this to happen. The titans have the ability of spawning 3 at a time from what i could see leading to an impossible hold on the first push if it does happen.
    Perhaps placing the Guide inside the client might be a better spot. Having to leave the client to learn basic information is slightly underwhelming. Starcraft does a good job of providing huge amounts of information in-game for each unit. Since you include the Atlaspedia along with the day[9] video in the learning section i believe it was called, i feel the guide link should be in there or the actual guide itself.