Tier info

DoubleReedDoubleReed Member
edited May 23 in Feedback

Hey I don't know if you've already gotten this feedback, but as a new player, I was very confused by the unit picker. In particular I was confused what units were what tiers. In the game you have a little signifier, but elsewhere I have nothing. Even the atlaspedia doesn't have tier info. I didn't want to use all T3 or all T2 units or something.

I feel like there should be some sort of visual indication on the unit cards to signify what units are what tiers. Like you made it very clear that "these are the utility units" with the gray frame. And the hero has a big frame. Got it. What about the rest?

Also, I thought it was a bit strange that only one of the red heroes ignites stuff. It just seems weird flavorwise. Maybe the other hero can just attack to ignite? Or maybe her basic minion ignites things and she does extra against ignited stuff? Like I feel if you're playing red you should be igniting things regardless of what you pick. Setting things on fire is important.

I have yet to beat the regular bots, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

@DoubleReed said:
    Hey I don't know if you've already gotten this feedback, but as a new player, I was very confused by the unit picker. In particular I was confused what units were what tiers. In the game you have a little signifier, but elsewhere I have nothing. Even the atlaspedia doesn't have tier info. I didn't want to use all T3 or all T2 units or something.

I feel like there should be some sort of visual indication on the unit cards to signify what units are what tiers. Like you made it very clear that "these are the utility units" with the gray frame. And the hero has a big frame. Got it. What about the rest?

Definitely something we've heard already, and something we're actively working on as we speak, haha!

Didn't realize AtlasPedia didn't have tech level on it. I'll work on getting a fix in for that. Sorry about that!

Also, I thought it was a bit strange that only one of the red heroes ignites stuff. It just seems weird flavorwise. Maybe the other hero can just attack to ignite? Or maybe her basic minion ignites things and she does extra against ignited stuff? Like I feel if you're playing red you should be igniting things regardless of what you pick. Setting things on fire is important.

Ignite isn't something we're targeting as a necessary red mechanic. That is to say, red units aren't necessarily "fire units." They do have a subset of units with Ignite and fire effects, but they're just that -- a subset. And we will likely add more units down the road that also use Ignite. We'll also be adding plenty others that don't. Think of it like a card game, where one class/color might see exclusive (or, at the very least, more) use of a keyword than other colors/classes; but that class/color isn't based on that keyword entirely. That's sort of the idea with Ignite.

I have yet to beat the regular bots, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

SLAY 'EM DEAD!

Thanks for the post!