My thoughts

MotivaMotiva Member

I really enjoyed the few games I got to play this weekend. I love the concepts and blending of genres this game is toying with. I had plans Saturday so I only got to get in 6 or 7 PvP matches. Not really enough to reach any strong conclusions.

I like the introduction of RTS army compositions into a moba. I've always complained that I wished I could micro the waves of units in other mobas. I enjoyed the deck building mechanic as well. It all made sense and seemed to enable a rich strategic field. Obviously, more playing is required though. :)

In terms of combat, I enjoyed the micro style and felt like the amount of activated abilities made sense. Most of them made sense in terms of synergy and utility. I'm eager to see how this develops. I personally like the path finding as it is. It requires more awareness of your allies, and rewards proper positioning, and punishes a lack of forethought and awareness. This can lead to painful experiences for lower level or less aware players. It was often better for me to just get out of the way when my annoying ally decided to put his army on top of mine, than it was for me to risk having my hero trapped in combat. I think this is OK though, once players learn the game.

I enjoy the RTS combat, i feels good. The only negative experiences or thoughts I had, that come to mind, besides basic quality of life stuff like the necessity of voice chat, would be to share the sentiment I've seen around about comebacks and late-game titans. The late-game titan definitely seemed out of place and I wasn't a big fan. I wouldn't mind seeing this mechanic reworked completely. In the same vein, the towers and defensive aspects of the base seemed rather underwhelming.

I also wouldn't mind seeing heros play a greater role in combat, perhaps with greater mobility in some respects. This might ease some of the complaints to do with pathfinding, if a lower level player can just play a hero that get itself un-stuck. I think I heard something about more of a progression system coming in for the hero units, so I won't say too much about that.

The identity of the heros and the colors seemed a bit lacking as well, I love the mechanics and concepts though, and I don't really expect any of that to be there at this point obviously, it comes to mind though.

Anyway, that's my feedback/first impressions after a 5-6 bot games and 6-7 PvP games. Sorry if it's pretty unorganized and not too well thought out. I felt like I should post something though. lol. Looking forward to any chance I get to play more! Loving the game.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Lots to consider in here. The bit about heroes feeling like they could play a larger role has been something we've heard a fair amount. The challenge will be to make the hero feel like a big deal while not washing out other things, and also without adding too much complexity.

Thanks for the post!