Resource information

JUBBBJUBBB Member

I felt lost in the resource area because I had no guide to how the resources worked. I played 5 or 6 games and still didnt figure out what the last "resource" upgrade actually did. As only playing a few games it is difficult to tell how my view of the resources would change after 100 or 500 games, but after 6 i still felt quite lost as to what i should upgrade in order to counter my opponent character. i like the fact that the upgrades go automatically if you do not select any, but only having a queue of 2 made you constantly flip back to it in order to optimize the upgrades. a queue of 4 i think would work best to give you a few minutes of micro before you needed to worry about it again. also hotkeys for upgrades and units being "I" "O" "P" made selecting them quite difficult i feel like as critical as they are to the gameplay they should be closer to your standard "ASDF".

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

A quick note - even though the UI makes it unclear (sorry about that!), the resource queue is actually quite long. I've had as many as 13 things enqueued. We'll be doing lots of work on the UI to make that more clear. A lot of the issue with resource generators right now (including the generator that gives you more production slots) is actually with how the UI displays it. Lots to be done there, for sure!

IOP are definitely placeholder. We'll be having a chat at some point about better defaults for those. For now, though, we tend to use command groups for those.

Thanks for the post!