Knowing who in combat is doing a lot of damage is hard to follow

WickedWicked Member

I don't really know how to fix that, but its frustrating. I highly believe that the who killed who announcement that league has would be a great addition. It's almost expected in today's games. Also, maybe some form of scrolling combat text on the unit doing damage so that you know who is hurting you the most? It would be hard to make that work but I'm sure it can be done.

Comments

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

We've actually talked, in passing and not actionably, about the idea of doing floating combat text. What I think the case will be is, "Maybe once the game is much, much further along, we can talk about doing this." It'd be really messy, but is one of those things that some subset of players (myself included) would really enjoy having.

In terms of a "kill feed" -- we've also talked about having "battle reports" after a fight, and may revisit such an idea after the gameplay feels more solid. The idea would be, if you've recently been in combat, once that combat ends for the player, we show how many units you participated in killing. An active per-unit kill feed could get extremely chaotic though.

Thanks for the post!