Attack moving causing movement

I saw it mentioned somewhere that you tweaked the pathing such that the units will move forward a bit before actually following a path. I think this causes issues with attack moving.

Often times while I was kiting with a-move, and I clicked to a-move away from the units I was attacking, some of my units would move toward where I told them to attack even though they are within range to engage enemy units before they realized they should then be attacking.

Comments

• SpookySpooky Member

I've had the same experience. Honestly, I thought it was just me miss clicking or not fully hitting the A key. More specifically when I'm playing with Scuttleguards and trying to step further into and/or around units I'm engaged with by using move command and then A-clicking again to re-engage. When I a-clicked the units continued to move with the move command I issued prior as if I didn't a-click at all. This would lead to me spamming A-click in desperation until they obeyed the command, which did always happen shortly after the initial command attempt. Hence, the assumption my first A-click command was possibly just user error.

• PlatypusPlatypus Member

@Spooky said:
    I've had the same experience. Honestly, I thought it was just me miss clicking or not fully hitting the A key. More specifically when I'm playing with Scuttleguards and trying to step further into and/or around units I'm engaged with by using move command and then A-clicking again to re-engage. When I a-clicked the units continued to move with the move command I issued prior as if I didn't a-click at all. This would lead to me spamming A-click in desperation until they obeyed the command, which did always happen shortly after the initial command attempt. Hence, the assumption my first A-click command was possibly just user error.

This was exactly my experience as well, I tested around with it more with bots until I was sure it wasn't me screwing it up xD

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Passed this on. Thanks for the report and the post!