Power of titans

MilleaMillea Member

I've played a couple games in PvP starting now and it feels like titans are too easy to end the game with in the late game (especially past 35 minutes). It makes the late game feel less fun because the titan can go literally through an army to the nexus

The Titans should be powerful, and their health should be good for tanking, but I think that their damage over time scales too fast. Reducing their damage over time by a large amount, and instead focusing on them being for tanking would make interacting in army vs army combat more common instead of focusing on killing the titan before it kills the base.

On second thought - what should a titan be more for? Another thing that could be done is keep it at high damage, or even increase the damage, and reduce the health. This way, a titan could turn into more of something that gives map control, which translates into resources rather than something that focuses on breaking a turtle.

Either way, I think that being both high damage and high health by the late game makes it too effective in the late game. It would be better to have either a high damage titan that draws enemies to it, or a high health titan that can tank turrets. Either way, they'll still have the power to end turtles without being an instant game over in the late game.

For example, here is a replay where titans end up being a big factor in the game. Gfb11d67002e04328b60af58d435d7808

The titan at the 43 minute mark walks through 12 purifiers with +3 and proceeds to do massive amounts of damage to the nexus. Meanwhile, it seems like it is hard to end the game without a titan helping kill the nexus. it feels that at the moment, titans do too much damage relative to the buildings' health and units may do too little

Comments

• I personally feel like titans would be more "fun" and "strategic" if they had some sort of ability related to them, rather than being strictly "strong".. Similar to Heroes of the Storm's "boss NPC" abilities that basically force group fights when a team wins the map objectives.

• MilleaMillea Member

What if titans were completely immune to building attacks, but still drew their fire, or disabled nearby buildings (essentially the same thing), but their health was reduced to compensate?

This would reduce the amount of health necessary for a titan to split push and force a retreat, while preventing the sort of situation of walking through an army and surviving. It would also keep the titan's ability to prevent turtling.

• kapshkapsh Member

Do titan's scale as the game goes on? I always found them easy to kill with a few deadeye crit'd take aims.

• YarukiYaruki Member

I personally think that the nexus should have a slight counter to the titan. Like the titan can still do damage to it but not as much as it does now.

• wondiblewondible Member

@kapsh said:
    Do titan's scale as the game goes on? I always found them easy to kill with a few deadeye crit'd take aims.

Yes, they depend on the level of the controlling player.

• MilleaMillea Member

@kapsh said:

Deadeyes are currently definitely a hard counter to titans. I haven't really tried using them in the late game against titans yet. They may be very effective.