First things I noticed

A few things I noticed:
Just after the start of the gaA few things I noticed:
1. Just after the start of the game when checking the setting my game was in default window mode but I had trouble clicking. For example my mouse was in the "windowed" area but the client did select something 2 cm above. This happened all the time while in windowed mode. In Fullscreen I was able to click where I wanted.
2. In the game the units felt moving a bit too slow. I think a bit faster movement would be better.
3. The units collide - I was playing the Grath and the T1 unit has a kind of charge ability but if there is another unit in front of them they cannot pass through them.
4. After I hit recall to my base the My character disappeared. I could not deploy him for another 30 seconds - It was different in the day9 videos.
5. We should be able to click the hero portrait and be centered around our hero, despite him being marked on the minimap it is sometimes difficult to find him because there is a lot of things happening at the same time.
6. There should be a a buttton to center camera at the town hall
7. we need a select whole army button

Comments

• early game is slow, after min 20 game snowballs when you have enought gems to buy static defence. In the early game PvP It was only dancing between my side and the opponens half of the map getting gems. I could not get expansions becuase the bosses are too strong, I could only have small skirmishes with the opponent but no possibility to kill him really as the heros feel really weak in the begning.

• We should be able to cancel starting buildings/upgrades.

• We should be able to decide on the composition of the army. Max X supply and of course in the early game you can afford tier 1 but in the late game you can change the composition and get less of T1 and more of T2 etc.

• As the base is the center for upgrades I think theres should be(or maybe is already) a button to center on the base.

• I did not know you can upgrade towers until reading forums, it was not intuitive for me that this is possible.

• Generally I did not feel like playing a team game, I was in my lane dancing with my opponent no one really had any advantage I think more micro like denying enemy gems or claiming their gems for extra XP and denying enemy xp by killing your own minions should be included.

• I do think also that there should be a viable strategy where you have groups - Hero and the rest of your units. Hero should be able to gather gems, slay the expansion bosses alone while your minions defend/attack enemy. At the current game the hero is not able to destroy the bosses alone. Generally heros feel underpowered.

• I did not like that the game is generally +20 mins without the possibility to end earlier. There should be some kind of high risk strategies/rushes possible. Generally until you get enough gems to build up there is no possibility to engage the towers.

• Day9Day9 Member, Administrator

If you have the time, I'd love if you could reformulate much of your feedback in the "I felt X when Y happened, so I suggest Z" format. Otherwise, it's a bit difficult to know where you're coming from with your comments. A few examples

• We should be able to decide on the composition of the army. Max X supply and of course in the early game you can afford tier 1 but in the late game you can change the composition and get less of T1 and more of T2 etc.

Is this because you enjoyed high tier units and wanted to control more? Is it because it felt restrictive? Is it because you think it will create more strategy? Is it because you wanted ways to respond to enemy compositions and you think this would be a good tool?

• early game is slow, after min 20 game snowballs when you have enought gems to buy static defence

What was making it slow? Were you playing in the 1v1 or 2v2 area? A link to a replay with a more thorough description would be fantastic.

Without understanding the time & reaction connected to your feedback points, it's tough for us to know what to do with your comments. But, if you give some additional context, I think that we might be able to tune many of our systems to address your concerns :D

• tritotrito Member
    edited December 2015

Dear Artillery.Day[9],

For me, you hit one of my worries on the head with the comment:

@Artillery.Day[9] said:
    * We should be able to decide on the composition of the army. Max X supply and of course in the early game you can afford tier 1 but in the late game you can change the composition and get less of T1 and more of T2 etc.

and

Is it because you wanted ways to respond to enemy compositions and you think this would be a good tool?

It's a worry for me, not an actual problem that I've run into yet. It does seem like changing compositions might cause more dynamic play, but I have no actual data to back that up. I also don't know that more dynamic play would result in more fun, that's an assumption.

Thanks for your time! Enjoying the game so far.