Update Error

hello when i try to load the game i get the message "an error occurred in retrieving the update information; are you connected to the internet? Please try again later" I am connected to the internet and have waited and tried again. is there a way to play the game when this is happening?

Comments

• MutableManMutableMan Member, Administrator

Sorry about that. If you have a chance, can you give me a bit more information about when this occurs? Have you successfully started the client (ie, you can chat and see others)? If so, does the "PLAY" button appear at the top of the screen?

A screenshot may also help, you can attach it directly here in the forum.

• FussFuss Member

Hey Thanks. This occurs as i click the icon on the desktop. It doesn't let me start the client so i can't chat with others. Briefly before this appears there is a bar that says checking for updates but i couldn't get a screenshot of it

• staticostatico Member, Administrator

Hi Fuzz, can you tell me if you can view this URL: https://artillery-apps.s3.amazonaws.com/robots.txt

You should see something like "User-Agent" and "Disallow."

• FussFuss Member

i can see that

If you can see that and https://artillery-apps.s3.amazonaws.com/atlas/win/appcast.xml in the browser, that means that your browser can see our updates but the Atlas launcher cannot.

Maybe Atlas is blocked through the Windows firewall? Try the instructions on this page to unblock Atlas Native Client and let me know if that helps.

• FussFuss Member

I've tried the instructions, turning off windows defender, and my antivirus software but I am still getting the same result

Two more ideas:

1) Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

2) If that doesn't help, maybe try running the launcher as Administrator?

(We're wondering if our updater is lumping in some unrelated error but reporting is a network issue by mistake.)

• FussFuss Member

I tried doing those first

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. If you can view those files in your browser, the updater should work, unless the updater is showing that error for an unrelated error.

Do you have another computer you can try Atlas on?