At a first glance.

I really enjoy this game so far, it's a lot of fun. Please keep in mind I've only played a 5 or 6 games and this is my first week testing the game so I don't understand everything in it yet and have not played all the heroes. I really like that it's less base building and more unit building. I don't fully understand the economy in it yet but I like that it is somewhat automated for newer players and I know it will add a lot of interesting strategic play with build orders (researching extra supply, stock, etc.) Also I enjoy the Merc camps a lot, they add more to do and add additional important strategic thinking in the game. (Kind of like warcraft 3 Creeping which as you know gave experience, gold and items)

I'm not sure how impactful the attack and physical/magic resist upgrades are but they seem very expensive. It seems like they will scale very well in the late game when you have more units that do a lot of cool stuff and when you need to be tankier. Upgrades add more potential for cute little things like "Timing Attacks" in the early game but honestly I think upgrades for your unit attack/armor upgrades might make the game a little more "macro" focused than it should be and I don't think that is your plan. I like the specific unit/hero upgrades a lot , they add a lot of flavor and make each Hero feel more unique.

The unit collision is worrisome. While I do like games that have unit collision like this because it adds a lot of play potential and it can be really exciting when you trap an enemy with your units. I feel they are just too many units on the map that can block you and it can feel a little ridiculous at times. Maybe you could make all the melee units have unit collision and the small ranged units not have it. Perhaps, the bigger, more expensive range units could still have collision enabled.

I really think this game has a lot of potential to be great. I know Artillery has a great team and is working hard to make this a great game. I'm imagining an awesome esport coming out of this. (with day9 casting it, of course. :chuffed: )

Comments

• HazardHazard Member

@Kellsier said:
    I don't understand everything in it yet and have not played all the heroes.

Hello Kellsier! Glad to see you submitted some feedback, if you still have lots of questions please jump onto the Discord server and we'll get them answered for you!
    I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing all of the heros ;) Just pick the coolest one and play that one forever. (The coolest hero being of course Vela all of them)