Day[9] AMA for Test Weekend 4!

2»

Comments

• RiakmRiakm Member

Do you plan for there to be a more robust scaling economy as a player's tech level progresses? It seems you are going for a mix between a MOBA and an RTS, but presently is seems the economy is to restricted which results in at best relatively lackluster RTS style engagements and at worst segmented de-automated lane unit production...

• GlondorGlondor Member

It seemed in some of the games that I played that after the scramble to secure the first batch of Titans, that when the 3 Titans were all disposed of I felt quite aimless. There did not seem to be a cohesive objective for the team to work for during that moment and it felt like we were just waiting for the next round of Titans to spawn. Do you at this time have any plans to incentivize more action between these moments? What could be done to get people to turtle less during these moments?

A second observation I had was the feeling of playing with and against Purifiers. When I used enough Purifiers (read 4-5) I felt unstoppable. When I was playing against heavy Purifier, I felt powerless. Do you believe there exist enough counters to these siege units at the moment, and if not how can they be managed?

• EppinizerEppinizer Member

Hi Sean,

What do you think the most unique aspect of Atlas is? What do you think is going to set it apart from a well crafted SC2 arcade map?

Its probably too soon in the development process to ask this next question, but maybe you have some insight. What is your plan for post launch content? Will there be new heroes/units released at "regular" intervals? Hmm. I guess you can't possibly know the answer to that yet, so I'll re-phrase.

Would you personally prefer new content to be released in regular intervals, or do you like the idea of full scale expansions?

Obligatory fan comment: Thanks for all of the free content. Long time fan, proud twitch sub, love your community <3.

• MinSOMinSO Member

Hey Sean!

Any plans to allow players to create those wild custom maps like in Warcraft 3 and SC2?
    And what is your text editor of choice? Vim, Emacs, Sublime or something else?

Mad props to the entire Atlas dev team and this community. Chatrooms have never felt so heartwarming :smile:

Much <3 from a big fan