Mercs (passive buffers)

SpookySpooky Member
edited April 21 in General Discussion

Hydros has been my main focus thus far, and I like using the Enhancer in my mid-late game composition. Currently the buff it gives is not castable by the player, which I feel okay about. It has a solid presence and is generally worth the pop in a Hydros army once the game reaches a certain point. That being said, I would like them to be more manageable.

I have some suggestions in mind, but I'm realizing that they don't fit into the gameplay. One of the awesome features currently is that players don't need to tab cycle through units (like in SC2) in order to cast a specific unit's abilities. It seems that making these Merc's buffs castable may throw a wrench in that design, and could be the reason they aren't castable currently. Am I right in assuming this? Or is there room for them to possibly be implemented?

Also, how do you feel about making Enhancers and Motivators cast their buff outside of combat? This is the main reason I would like their ability to be castable; the other being, ability to select which unit gets the buff at any given time. This train of thought leads to be consider the possibility of upgrades for Mercs. Mmm juicy lol