HEALER STRONK?

I felt like healers were a bit too strong in TW 3. Mainly because one healer bot seemed to be able to constantly heal an early game army and almost a mid game army. Partly because they seemed to compliment ability power builds extremely well, almost like the healing scaled out of hand to some extent when you got up towards 40+% ability power in items.

Does anyone agree? Discuss!

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member

I agree that the healer is very strong. I would not go as far to say that it is overpowered, as they can be easily removed with effective army positioning, AOE attacks, and focus fire. It's not any more overpowered than the medivac is in Starcraft 2 or the medic is in Starcraft 1. It serves its role well for the army compositions it fits into.

• SpookySpooky Member

It's hard to say. I reviewed a play with Vex that incorporates a healer into the initial squad. It seemed too effective early on. It's possible that they could use a nerf in some area. Whether that be total charges, recharge rate, cast speed, or heal amount; I'm not sure. They can completely mitigate the damage output of all other support mercs and support squad units plus some over-heal. In fact most units don't do 20+ dps until later in the game if at all. This sounds OP, but in practice it didn't feel quite that strong.

• Agreed with @Slayer . The healers are quite powerful early on if left alone by your opponent, but they are also easily countered with AoE or focused down, which is very analogous to a Medivac/Medic in SC2/SC

Having to choose the Machinist Merc tree for that early game survivability limits your options in the mid/late game a bit as well. Not a huge handicap or advantage, just a noticeable effect on play-style, which seems to be the point of the Merc units anyway.

The only suggestion I can see as viable would be to bump them up to 5 cost instead of 4 to make it more of an investment early on if the developers see it as a problem currently. At 4 however, 1 healer is already 33% of your initial Pop investment, which is fairly balanced when it comes to risk/reward. Solid micro and an additional 1 (2 in case of Celestra) T1 units can farm just as well, especially with the proximity most low level camps have to Healing towers.