Adding a Total Resources Mined Counter For each Team

After playing a few games the one thing that has been weighing on me the most is the lack of noticeable differences between a team that has a TON of resources and a team that hasn't cleared any expansions.

After the game you be sure to see that they had better items and in game you (might) notice the difference in unit strength but beyond that the economy of each team seems very unapparent. Tech levels are easy to keep up with if you don't buy items as well so you can just get an idea from their unit composition. Its hard to know if you losing engagements because of a difference in skill or stats that you can't see.

You can see how many units each team has lost, how about a total resources mining for each team so you can see how you match up economy wise.

As a side note i still have no idea what level governs besides your hero's second ability unlocking.

Comments

• +1 for this.

Also, I believe the levels change the hero's stats. I notice the health bars of the tankier heroes starting to have many more green squares towards the end of the game.

• asmit10asmit10 Member

I don't know if I completely agree with this, simply because it gives you knowledge of their strategy without having to do anything.

Comparing this mechanic to SC2, it would seem really ridiculous to be able to know whether or not your opponent(s) have expanded simply by seeing if they have more resources mined.

On the other hand, comparing it to LoL, you can get a rough idea of how far ahead someone is by paying attention and checking their CS/items. The catch, though, is that it only updates when you get vision of them.

If it worked in the vain of LoL, I could kind of see it working. That way, you still have to put some sort of effort into keeping track of it, while still receiving helpful feedback. If it was just constantly updated, I don't think it'd be a good addition.

• ClosseauClosseau Member
    edited April 19

@asmit10 said:
    I don't know if I completely agree with this, simply because it gives you knowledge of their strategy without having to do anything.

Comparing this mechanic to SC2, it would seem really ridiculous to be able to know whether or not your opponent(s) have expanded simply by seeing if they have more resources mined.

On the other hand, comparing it to LoL, you can get a rough idea of how far ahead someone is by paying attention and checking their CS/items. The catch, though, is that it only updates when you get vision of them.

If it worked in the vain of LoL, I could kind of see it working. That way, you still have to put some sort of effort into keeping track of it, while still receiving helpful feedback. If it was just constantly updated, I don't think it'd be a good addition.

How about this.

solution one:

the resource counts update infrequently lets say every two minutes or so...

that way you can't necessarily tell if the resources are being mining or collected through alternative means and timed pushes would certainly become a thing.

solution two:

screw the counter and instead make the units look different based on the items the hero has equipped.(glowing auras, actual model changes, spikes :D)

while this wouldn't fix the problem for less experienced players it would be a obvious indication to those who are looking for it.

edit: added quote