A little feedback :)

Good game so far! I just have a few suggestions to maybe make life easier for the newbies out there :)

1. People (like me) are going to ignore all advice and suggestions, and just into the game without reading anything. I didn't know to hit 'v' to spawn units haha. I am an idiot I know, but so are a lot of other people. Maybe consider adding a tooltip to pop up at the start of every game saying a few newbie tips (hit v to spawn units, b for back, etc). However, also include a "don't show me this again" box to select, to remove the suggestions forever. This way the beginners get some advice in game, and vets won't be bothered by it.
  2. In most of my games, my units are green. Not teal. I kept thinking my allies units were my own sometimes. Maybe reverse these colours? Green is nice. Teal kind of blends into the background.

That's it for now! Keep up the rad work.

Comments

• Side note:

I know this game is still new, but the colours seem a tad washed out. Maybe get bold. Try adding some more primary colours to the maps. Reds and blues to really stand out! The units are well done, but the map is kind of dull in its current version. I'm not sure what your final vision for the game is, but the metal floor map so far is kind of boring.

Also, I had some AI units get stuck in the bottom right. The pathing needs a little lovin' :)

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator

Hey there!

So the map you're seeing is our barebones map, that I affectionately refer to as our "holodeck" tileset. Rest assured, this is not the art style for the game. Next Sunday, from 2:00-4:00pm PST, we'll be testing an early version of our much-more-lush Art Map, played on an earlier game mode. So if you want a great idea of what our current vision for a map art style is, be sure to show up during those hours! We're also discussing adding some hours in which players can play bot games on that art map. If we decide to do that, we'll surely announce it here on the forums.

As you alluded to, though, lots of people are going to zoop past it and want to jump into the game. In-game "annotation" tooltips will almost-certainly be a want at later stages of development. Without them, though, for now, we've done our best to make sure the tutorials are front-and-center.

The player-color thing is something we're hearing a bit of, and will certainly put some energy towards discussing after these tests. Good stuff!

Thanks so much for the feedback, and for playing! :D

• Just want to chime in as another voice for the colour thing.