I really like vela... buuuuuut

I'm trying to figure out the best usages of 'Fair Warning'. I've never been the best at RTS games (gold league scrub in SC2), so feel free to let me know where I'm missing things:

Like Vex, Vela has a little minigame where if you land his ability 'Fair Warning' on enemy units, they're marked and take additional damage from her squad. But it also acts as a temporary ward. Early game, the range on the ability is really short, leading me to believe that its best use is for the mark against neutral camps to clear the way for expansions. Heck, it never really stops being useful for that tbh. Late game, I feel like it takes so long to land on enemy units compared to how quickly my units die (unless I'm using raider mercs or I've got a heavy squad's units in front of me) that the damage buff does little more than try to make up for the units that have already died.

Also it feels almost impossible to hit in a big fight, since the bots just walk right out of it more often than not. I'm not sure if the bots are dodging because the enemy can legit see the target zone, or if the bots are cheating. Again, the best comparison I've got for this is vex's ability which increases the damage of his spitfires, which is a pretty fast projectile.

I know vela's kinda op... I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to use the mark optimally. :/

Comments

• anxmananxman Member, Administrator

Check out my replays. I've played 1000 games as Vela.

Here's the last one that I played: Gd7236d281c104a66b46fcbd8ea1985c5

• @anxman said:
    Check out my replays. I've played 1000 games as Vela.

Oh that's why I got demolished by you earlier

• HazardHazard Member

If you use the mark and then snipe with your deadeye's it pretty much spells out death to the enemy you hit. Then Snipe resets. The bonus damage it does on hit is pretty minor and just there for Raptors from what I understand from playing Vela.

The ward coverage it gives you is nice too a strong utility thing