My docs document talking about each squad!

PandapowniumPandapownium Member
edited April 16 in Feedback

Hello! Here is my word document, I typed down my thoughts and feelings after playing each squad. Let me know your opinions! :D
"Hello! Pandapownium here! On this word document I’m going to write my thoughts and feelings of each squad. Let’s begin.

• Hydros - Machinists Replay:G6cdb39fdc9764bc4b558ce4e608e315c

In the beginning of the game I could survive the early camp but I couldn’t deal damage. I didn’t really start to do damage until I got my aquadillos. The Aquadillos are the coolest unit of hydros the jump feels really cool and how they gain armor is icing on the cake.
    The Quadrapus felt underwhelming. I believe it’s role in the game is to protect by way of shield, however I don’t need a shield when Hydros’ tidal wave keeps everybody alive for 6 seconds. Towards the end of the game I just massed Aquadillos and Scuttleguard and it felt cool and fun. I could have the Aquadillos tank while I target swapped with the little dudes.
    The Scuttleguard roll ability doesn’t feel useful at all. I want my whole army to move together, and when they out run my army it isn’t worth using the ability. I think it should be a lunge attack out of the roll. Dealing a little more damage up front. You could balance this by slightly reducing their physical attack power, but I can just imagine what I will call the “Scuttle Squad” rolling up to the enemy Hero and just lunging out of the roll and dealing sweet damage.
    Until the late game I would just get steam rolled, in PvP it is probably easier to communicate however, so I don’t think that’s a problem.

• Ryme - Assault Corps Replay: G663f3633b0d64385a2c3c5e143d3919f

Ryme is a class where I feel like everybody is a little important in their own ways. None of the minions felt like the real stars of the show.
    Ryme’s first ability felt underwhelming but who knows.I felt like mercs fit right into my group especially the chiller.
    The frogs are really cool and cute. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but with the pathing issues when I use it’s frog breath and I run into my guys, I just end up frog breathing my own guys. If you could set it so it fires at a point I think it would be a lot stronger, but Frog breath on my own guys in upsetting :(

• Alder - Raiders Replay: Ga24806015c85473780b9356729dd4014

I really like the roots of this squad (there is so much pun intention) but with the slow rate that seed bots can place the saplings it ruins the fun. The whole idea of this class is to plant trees and make them grow. Well I plant a tree and it gets aimed and I can’t do anything for the a while. My grove tenders become useless because there is no saplings to buff, and my Goliath can’t eat the saplings for health. If you dropped the damage of the seeds and lowered the cooldown I think this class could be my favorite, but right now it is frustrating to not be able to use my grove tenders moves cause the saplings die.
    I like the Goliaths :D

• Grath - Machinists Replay: G88349ecf2c154e25a2232580f8fea95c

Super enjoyable! I went with a little guy build and it was fun. I don’t know what I could say besides that the race is really well done. The stone form is super useful for tanking and the avatar form (don’t know what it’s called) is super helpful as well. Super fun! Also if you have a chance to check out that replay… we had like .0001 health on our nexus. CRAZY!

• Eris - Tactitions

This wasn’t my first game with Eris, so I thought I would try to just go with sheer mass and that didn’t work. I went with tier 1 dudes mostly, but they were too squishy. It was great for expanding but I would need a team mate that would help me out.
    It clearly didn't work, however I thought it was really fun. I think Eris’ moves could change… the piercing arrows doesn’t fit with the zerging mentality. Oh now her bow pierces, it just isn’t interesting. Maybe a mass aoe like a dust storm or something like that would be really cool to see.

• Vex - Machinists Replay: G6c5dcd22170246b294c20f3fe63e5881

I really enjoyed this game. My issue is the Pyrosaur, they felt so underwhelming. It felt like every time I used the flamethrower I was just triggering special effects and was wasting time attacking. Vex is fire and flame!!! But when my guys breathe fire and there isn’t any destruction I am sad :( This fire predicament is very VEXING hehe
    I didn’t realize how important it is to have all three tiers in your army at the same time. Once I did that I did a great job at killing people. I think I would have had a better experience if I just used all three tiers at the same time.
    My third point is that flamethrower should deal more damage. I know that was point one, but I want it!! :P

• Celesta - Raiders Replay: G6e8e775dca544dec8095b797661bc27d

I really really really love the purifiers I was really hoping for a build where I can have a bunch of them and I protect them using the Precognitor. It didn’t work however super well.
    They take forever to un-siege and they take forever to attack. Often when they do attack their damage is way over kill. Basically if I’m sieged and I see Ryme, I just get ready to spawn new ones because there is no way they are going to escape. There are several scenarios where I see the bad guys, shoot once and un-siege and they are dead. If you guys like the 1 shot mechanic of these guys I would at least hope that you decrease the unsiege time. Right now it is more beneficial to just keep them unsieged which isn’t the fun of the unit! Or… I just thought of another option, you could increase the range of siege mode but decrease their vision, so they could only attack with your army BUT are fairly safe in the back! That’d be awesome aswell.

• Vela - Raiders Replay:G9fbd807fba104c4398aaa012c5bec18d

I love love love this play style! I had a life revelation. I feel powerful with the snipes! They are super fun to do, and when you just stealth into a one shot of the enemy hero I get so excited.
    If your people are standing still while cloaked, they auto attack the bad guys. I don’t like that at all, you should either right click or a click to break stealth. Other than than I’m loving it!! :D"

Thanks to Burdock for formatting this file :D

Comments

• PandapowniumPandapownium Member
    edited April 16

Burdock is awesome! He formatted the doc!

• BurdockBurdock Member
    edited April 16

< snip >

• All these are just my opinions from first playthroughs I have learned more :D so don't worry, if I say something that isn't true, I have probably figured it out!