First Game Feedback

LeighzerLeighzer Member
edited December 2015 in Feedback

First off, I'm super excited to be given this opportunity to test Atlas out! I really can't overstate that. I'm uberly hyped.
Secondly, I'd like to mention the forums and the client look fantastic and work fabulously. It's hard to believe I'm maneuvering around something for a technical pre-alpha.

Now what I'd like to talk about is the first game I played. I'll just be giving some positives and negatives I noticed as a first time player, knowing only what the all mighty tutorial had to show me, and having casually other played rts games. (starcraft, supreme commander, heroes of the storm) I'll keep it to a short pros and cons list, if anyone has any questions I can definitely elaborate. I'll only be a first time player once so here it goes.

Positives
Depth - throughout the game I was confronted with the question of where/how to move my troops, what to spend my gold and gems on, and what neutral weapons to build. With the experience of me manically trying to manage this chaos engine, I couldn't help but realize how much depth there is to this game. When should I get my upgrades, when should I try to expand to the titans (if I even should try alone), when should I start building neutral weapons, different team hero compositions, etc. There really are so many choices and I'm already thinking on my off time how I could improve my play.

Control feel- Commanding the units, controlling the army, getting into confrontations, queing up units to build, the hotkey layout for the abilities, the units don't feel too clunky, just giving a few examples. I feel like I can make rather large differences in unit confrontations with my micro rather than letting them sit idle and attack. Playing/controlling just all feels really good for the stage the game is in.

Intrigue - I found the general concept of the game very interesting and quite engaging right from the beginning.

Negatives
Things - I found it difficult at times to distinguish all the game objects, I got lost in the soup of turrets, units, neutral weapons, gems. Every now and then I really had to just stop and examine what I was seeing.

Neutral weapon confusion - It can get a bit hectic when microing an army when you have some neutral weapons. Amidst the chaos I experienced difficulty using them as it was hard to know what they should attack. Even with knowing they could only attack other weapons and structures it was still pretty difficult trying use them effectively.

Those are the major points that'd I'd like to mention I noticed in my first game and I'm looking forward to playing more!