Raptors dying on spawn

I had an issue in one of my games where I spawned a lot of raptors and about 1/4 to 1/3 of them died upon being spawned. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but if I had to guess there may have not been enough room in the spawn area or something and so in order to make room the units were either killed, or because there was not enough room the units that were spawned had no available spot for pathing so they died. I'm not entirely sure.

Comments

• SawyerSawyer Member

game id: Gdc0515ef7a6b4f4e83e16fb7793bc3b1

at about 11mins 20seconds.

It was actually about more than half of the units that died. They spawned with about half hp, then just died.

• SawyerSawyer Member

Also, the replays seem to record the pause length as well...if someone pauses for 10 minutes (an example) I would hope they would not have to fast forward 10 minutes of the game being paused to watch the rest.

• stevearcstevearc Member, Administrator, Moderator

Hi Sawyer, thanks for testing! I'll take a look at the replay and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for the report!

• TreiskTreisk Member, Administrator
    edited April 15

@Sawyer
    Oh wooooooow

So we watched the replay the first time and saw what happened but didn't quite see how it happened.

On our second viewing, we noticed which particular spell was doing damage to those units, but couldn't track down how it got there and weren't even totally sure that it happened.

The third viewing, we figured out what happened, and you managed to catch an incredibly edge-case bug that we're now working on fixing.

So the short version is: RymeBot's FrostCaller was in combat on the other side of the map. The bug here is that FrostFall was following the AI's target, rather than a positional target. The manifestation of that was that when its target died, the spell needed a new location, and decided that your fresh, shiny, new units were a great place to put it!

This is fortunately an AI-only bug and should literally never affect PvP play. Also, this is one of those things that requires a very obscure set of circumstances to occur, and the fact that it not only happened to you, but that you also caught that it happened, is incredibly helpful!

• SawyerSawyer Member

I can die happy knowing my life had meaning. :)

What about the pause time being saved during replays?

• snkzsnkz Member, Administrator
    edited April 16

So there is no pause functionality exposed to the player in the game currently, what youre likely experiencing is lag in the replay

• SawyerSawyer Member

Yeah I double checked and It seemed like lag. First run through the game experienced lag like symptoms at around 10:33. The second time I ran the replay it was at like 4mins, so it's probably lag.